Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Week 51: Quiet

Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

Web_December_17_2023_001-4.jpg

Well, friends, we are down to the wire here. This is our last themed week, as next week will be your own choice of what to shoot. For those of you who stuck with me this long, thank you, and I hope you are proud of your accomplishment - doing a P52, or even most of one is something that many people never manage to see through. It's been a fun year.

This week, amidst the hustle and bustle, I’d like for you to seek out a few moments of quiet for yourself and photograph how that feels or looks to you. You may interpret this in any form you like.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Week 51: Quiet

Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

View attachment 2326314

Well, friends, we are down to the wire here. This is our last themed week, as next week will be your own choice of what to shoot. For those of you who stuck with me this long, thank you, and I hope you are proud of your accomplishment - doing a P52, or even most of one is something that many people never manage to see through. It's been a fun year.

This week, amidst the hustle and bustle, I’d like for you to seek out a few moments of quiet for yourself and photograph how that feels or looks to you. You may interpret this in any form you like.
Thanks a lot to you for sticking with us all year long, I'm short of breath and words (still COVID negative though)
but my gratitude ❤️ goes to you for all what you taught me .

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
While usually I try to be quiet and stealth, definitely wasn't today. Noticed the hawk as returning the rolling garbage and recycle cans to the house, and drug the yard waste container to the curb for tomorrow's collection. Those container are stored directly under where was perched and supervised my movement the entire time. Went inside and grabbed the camera and tripod. Just sat there and no squirrel dared venture into the area.
Hawk 2023 - 2500px-3.jpg
Hawk 2023 - 2500px-4.jpg
Hawk 2023 - 2500px-5.jpg

piatigorsky

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2008
First time poster on this forum, I hope this thread isn't limited to digital photography! This was taken in a footpath tunnel in a hilly region in north Taipei, using a Nikomat (or Nikkormat in the West) FTN with a f/2.0 24mm lens and the new Harman Phoenix color film, developed and scanned at home. I've just happened to be testing this new film stock this week, and since this thread popped up on the home page I thought I'd share this over here.
JPG - 1.jpeg

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
First time poster on this forum, I hope this thread isn't limited to digital photography! This was taken in a footpath tunnel in a hilly region in north Taipei, using a Nikomat (or Nikkormat in the West) FTN with a f/2.0 24mm lens and the new Harman Phoenix color film, developed and scanned at home. I've just happened to be testing this new film stock this week, and since this thread popped up on the home page I thought I'd share this over here. View attachment 2326881
Oh, welcome! I saw your post on the POTD thread too. Nice to have another film shooter. I do shoot film but did not do so enough this year; hoping to ramp it up in 2024.

We also have a film thread, and while I don't expect you'll want to read all 19 or whatever pages, I'd love to see more images from the Harman if you are willing to share. It seems pretty hit or miss so far with the samples I've seen, although read that it does better with home scans than lab scans at present with so little data out on it. I haven't picked up a roll of it yet.

Reactions: piatigorsky

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
First time poster on this forum, I hope this thread isn't limited to digital photography! This was taken in a footpath tunnel in a hilly region in north Taipei, using a Nikomat (or Nikkormat in the West) FTN with a f/2.0 24mm lens and the new Harman Phoenix color film, developed and scanned at home. I've just happened to be testing this new film stock this week, and since this thread popped up on the home page I thought I'd share this over here.
Welcome in this beautiful photography forum 🙂
I hope your photo is prophetic and we are all at the end of the tunnel for many issues! 💗

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.