Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_timo_redux_

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
New York City
Lunchtime attempts.

Warm day, at the deli window:

2023-02-06 ~ DSC00785.jpg

Colder day, lunch in hand:

2023-02-07 ~ DSC00892.jpg

Maybe I'll try and art-direct someone to help make another attempt.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

Here goes... If you look close, there are two shots of me here.:)

View attachment 2156848

As close as you're gonna get from me.
View attachment 2156887

I knew this challenge would be difficult and not very popular, so I really appreciate each of you giving it a go. ❤️

And I strongly encourage you, if you haven't already, to take a real portrait of yourself for your own family/catalog. If you do, come back and let me know (I don't need to see it).

And for those of you following along silently, you can choose an alternate theme this week if you still street cred for completing a P52 at the end of the year. 😉

Reactions: katbel and bondr006

Walhydra

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2023
Massachusetts
BARDO https://emptypath.net/2023/02/11/bardo/

Friends have died recently. Others are facing it first hand. My younger siblings have already experienced the death of a spouse or a stroke or life-threatening cancer.

I, meanwhile, have sat with friends dying of AIDS. Held my mother’s hand at her last breath. Hugged my father days before he died in his sleep.

Feared the eventual death of my husband.

Fooled myself that the Crow tat on my left forearm meant I was ready.

Now I can’t pee right and face surgery.

Such silly pride. We all go.

I’m not as ready to live with this as I thought.

23Feb11-112_2048px.jpg

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
BARDO https://emptypath.net/2023/02/11/bardo/

Friends have died recently. Others are facing it first hand. My younger siblings have already experienced the death of a spouse or a stroke or life-threatening cancer.

I, meanwhile, have sat with friends dying of AIDS. Held my mother’s hand at her last breath. Hugged my father days before he died in his sleep.

Feared the eventual death of my husband.

Fooled myself that the Crow tat on my left forearm meant I was ready.

Now I can’t pee right and face surgery.

Such silly pride. We all go.

I’m not as ready to live with this as I thought.

View attachment 2157001
This is quite moving. I glanced at your blog; I love the photo from your November 20 post.

Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Ok .. worked on it this morning, and decided on this one. (taken with my old iPad Mini 4)

View attachment 2157003

the dramatic lighting works well here. i love it.

One more for the road. A lot of effort to get the iPad lined up with the background, so this is as good as it gets. View attachment 2157010

View attachment 2157011

super clever! it would be difficult to get things lined up just so!

i really love this. i'm not quite sure how all the patterns line up in the mirrors, but that is all part of the intrigue.

5ef581b5d9c1f23dfe452871e400.jpg

Inspired by Margritte. Needs some more practice....

Yes, a great take on Magritte! His bowler hat images are really fun as well.

You give your generation away by the backwards hat. Quite Luke Danes of you. 🙂 (PS - an all time favorite show of mine, so this is a compliment)

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
@mollyc

I really like this thread. So glad you created the P52 project, and very much appreciate the thought and effort you have put in to it. So many interesting weeks ahead. Thank you Molly!:)
Oh I'm happy so many of you are still plugging along at week six. ❤️ The real test will come around mid summer to see if people have given up yet.

But still, I'm fine with people drifting in and out as life allows, or even to work at their own pace and fill in backwards. Again, just for people to shoot with intention is enough for me. 🙂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.