Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corry20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
I have been trying to get my printer installed on the xp side.I unistalled parrells and put parrells back on.When I unistall parrells how do I unistall xp.I thought xp was removed when parrells was taken off.I have parrells on my machine now and when I put the xp disc in and push any button in the parrells propertys tabs my computer crashes.Should I just reinstall OSX and start from scratch since I don't know what I am doing.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Thats odd. I had to uninstall Parrells because when ever I would start the mahine it would give me the gray equvailent to a blue screen. I had installed kubuntu and after uninstalling Parrells I had no trace of kubuntu. Have you tried contacting the Vender?

mcduck

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
I am not sure but I bet you can find a file on your drive that contains the XP information. I think Parallels builds a file with your installation and perhaps removing Parallels does not delete that file but leaves it behind unless you do a delete of it from within parallels itself.
as for the other problem of kernel panics/grey reboot screens when starting the VM. I had that problem until I started using the newer 1922 build of Parallels (RC2). Works like a champ now.

Phil

corry20

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
mcduck said:
I am not sure but I bet you can find a file on your drive that contains the XP information. I think Parallels builds a file with your installation and perhaps removing Parallels does not delete that file but leaves it behind unless you do a delete of it from within parallels itself.
as for the other problem of kernel panics/grey reboot screens when starting the VM. I had that problem until I started using the newer 1922 build of Parallels (RC2). Works like a champ now.

Phil

It is kind of like a grey screen that comes on and tells me to restart my computer.So if I use the 1922 it may help.I don't want to reinstall everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.