Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Here's what I hope for from the launch:

* iPad 3 (goes without saying :p) - LTE and retina display, anything else is a bonus
* Apple TV 3 - 1080p support (possibly app support, but I wouldn't expect it)
* 1080p iTMS content - goes nicely with the new hardware
* Lossless/HD Audio - possibly MPEG4-SLS to allow for low bitrate streaming.

If it had app support, I'd tie a Benjamin and my ATV2 to a brick, throw it through an apple store window the night before they are available and take one. Kill 3 birds w/ one stone... pay for it, get a new one before anyone else, and also give them my old atv2 for their recycle program :D

ChipmunkTX

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2011
planning on buying the iPad 3 (regardless of specs)...now I'm more curious about the ATV 3. Probably just added $99 (if the prices are the same) to my checkout! Damn you Apple!!!! (Who am I kidding...no matter what the anti Apple say...worth ever penny.)

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
I am very curious about the mysterious "B82" device.

It would be great if it was a bluetooth game controller that fits in a pocket, but I doubt it is that.

A new remote with a microphone so you don't have to shout across the room to a Siri enabled Apple TV?

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I'll Be getting a Ipad 3 with 4lte (I Hope) on verizon, probably a 64gb, with Applecare and a case. I have 4 apple TV's I'll just be replacing one of them and using the ATV2's on my other sets.

jhlane27

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2007
Hopefully they will finally bring Hulu Plus and HBO GO to Apple TV...

I'd love this to be added. I've decided to finally get an AppleTV, but I hope they add in some new things like Hulu+ and maybe start Apps on there. That'd be awesome.

11thIndian

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Hopefully they will finally bring Hulu Plus and HBO GO to Apple TV...

I think the more appropriate statement would be, "Hopefully they'll finally be able to bring Hulu Plus and HBO GO to the Apple TV".

Apple is stuck behind whatever licensing the studios are willing to negotiate. You could have both of these on your AppleTV now via Airplay if the apps allowed it, but they don't.

It's in Hulu/HBO's hands entirely.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I am very curious about the mysterious "B82" device.

It would be great if it was a bluetooth game controller that fits in a pocket, but I doubt it is that.

A new remote with a microphone so you don't have to shout across the room to a Siri enabled Apple TV?

Since the new iPad is a little bit thicker. I'd say the B82 device is the new iPad dock.

dazzer21

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Smart Covers

I reckon that the mysterious 'unknown' product is SmartCovers to fit the iPad 3.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
It's going to be darn exciting to see what comes of the new Apple TV. Expectations by most are for mere 1080i and some audio, perhaps to play apps... I'm wondering if it gets a mic and SIRI and if you can pair a keyboard and surf internet, etc.

Hey, the thing is essentially an iPod Touch sans a lot of little hardware things and (hopefully) a better processor. If Apple wants to begin raking in the market, they should add a few, tiny enhancements and make it a super-box for the TV. Time has come.

If it had app support, I'd tie a Benjamin and my ATV2 to a brick, throw it through an apple store window the night before they are available and take one. Kill 3 birds w/ one stone... pay for it, get a new one before anyone else, and also give them my old atv2 for their recycle program :D

... you didn't kill any birds with that stone. You threw it at the Apple Store window. Unless there were three birds clinging to the window. If you want three birds, you have to throw the brick into the bush while you have a bird in your hand.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
What really excites me ?

I have been waiting since Jan. 2nd for the GM seed of IOS 5.1
Apple has been holding off on it for almost TWO MONTHS. That is unheard of.

Something cool is on its way.

:D

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Man...can't wait for next week. I just hope the iPad isn't going to see a price increase. I'd love to buy the iPad and ATV. Thank god I waited on buying the ATV2!

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
But what about the rumored apple tv set?

Would apple upgrade the box top in March and then release $1000-$2000 tv set later this year which completely erases the need for the previous capability?

Yes. Not everybody can afford the $1000-$2000 for the integrated HDTV but almost everybody can afford the $99 Apple TV.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
different models theory...

now that it's official this thread will most likely die. But I wanted to comment on a rumor from the original post that one model would likely be in one color only.

Many expect that the iPad 2 will stick around at a lower price point, and it might. But if Apple is really throwing a quad-core and suped up graphics in the "3" and most new apps will be made to push the limits, it seems like it asking alot of the 2 to keep up. My prediction:

Ipad "3" or "pro" or "HD" or "whatever" will be launched with the specs long rumored and all but confirmed.

But Apple also launchs iPad 2S. A5X chip. Better graphics, gig mem; but no retina and no LTE. And that one is Black only.

boom.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
... you didn't kill any birds with that stone. You threw it at the Apple Store window. Unless there were three birds clinging to the window. If you want three birds, you have to throw the brick into the bush while you have a bird in your hand.

Well mr. smarty pants... maybe if I throw it something like what Randy Johnson did will happen. Otherwise I figure, Is a bird in the hand worth three in the bush?

BeachChair

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes. Not everybody can afford the $1000-$2000 for the integrated HDTV but almost everybody can afford the $99 Apple TV.

Yup. The most important thing is to bring Apple software to people's TVs and stereos. The double pronged attack with a super cheap box and a high-end TV is the way to do it. So many of my friends have picked up the ATV2, even some of the Apple hating Android fans, simply because it is cheap and powerful. The most zealous Android fan of my friends in his eternal defiance instead picked up an AC Ryan, which I (having seen it) must conclude is a noisy, poorly engineered, expensive piece of trash electronics.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
-Facepalm- Oh of course. I've always thought to myself that what I've really been missing in life is 5 RAID arrays connected together at, I think it's $1000 a pop. :)

Let me know when there is a simple, cheap device that let's me plug in 2 or 3 monitors to my Macbook pro pleease (aka, not the Apple Display)?

Ok, ok!

NewImage.png

:p

----------

It's going to be darn exciting to see what comes of the new Apple TV. Expectations by most are for mere 1080i and some audio, perhaps to play apps... I'm wondering if it gets a mic and SIRI and if you can pair a keyboard and surf internet, etc.

Hey, the thing is essentially an iPod Touch sans a lot of little hardware things and (hopefully) a better processor. If Apple wants to begin raking in the market, they should add a few, tiny enhancements and make it a super-box for the TV. Time has come.

Are we talking about Angry Birds, right?

sebseb81

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2010
B82

A guess: b82 is a wearable iPod, but doesn't really look like any iPod we've seen before.

Just a guess... with no real basis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.