Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xr6digga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Brisbane
hello all,

I had my iPhone 6S on charge last night as it went flat. I went to use it this morning and it didn't accept the 6-digit passcode I'd been using for a couple of years. I know i didnt change the passcode.

Unfortunately my last backup was about 2 months ago. I dont want to lose my photos. Is there anyway of getting a copy of them?? ITunes wants me to enter passcode before it can access it therefore allowing Windows to access the storage.

Help pls.

Paul.

xr6digga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Brisbane
Try using your fingerprint to gain access
it wants the passcode to activate fingerprint touch. Apparently this is normal if your phone was off and then restarted. Passcode required first and from then on i can unlock using fingerprint.
[doublepost=1522750875][/doublepost]
Anyone else knows your passcode :)
my wife and daughter do but i'm positive they never changed it on me.

xr6digga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2018
Brisbane
I guess you don’t have iCloud backup turned on then as the last was 2 months ago, mine backs up every night while on charge.

I wouldn’t have thought this was even possible but seems your not alone
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7038997

we use to use icloud but we'd need to purchase more storage therefore we decided to backup to computer. I just hadnt backed up recently.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
You can’t get around that passcode lock unfortunately. That’s the security measure.

Reactions: chabig

Miun

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2018
hello all,

I had my iPhone 6S on charge last night as it went flat. I went to use it this morning and it didn't accept the 6-digit passcode I'd been using for a couple of years. I know i didnt change the passcode.

Unfortunately my last backup was about 2 months ago. I dont want to lose my photos. Is there anyway of getting a copy of them?? ITunes wants me to enter passcode before it can access it therefore allowing Windows to access the storage.

Help pls.

Paul.

I have the same problem. Last night I was in a billiard tournament until 1 am. I went home and my 5s are dead, so I charge the phone and my apple watch overnight. Today as I go to coffee shop, I check my phone and it's asking for passcode for the first time because of the rebooting, I enter the passcode and no luck. I called my wife with my other phone and she's told that she's not touching my gadget. That's a weird thing I have so far from 3g to 5s.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
funny, i had the same experience yesterday.. my phone lost the connection to the mobile network (gsm) and i had to shut the phone down and restart it. after restarting it didnt accept the pin code and finally went locked of course. however, i managed to open it with a puk-code. (Not the same thing as a passcode, but opening the sim-card.)

Miun

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2018
funny, i had the same experience yesterday.. my phone lost the connection to the mobile network (gsm) and i had to shut the phone down and restart it. after restarting it didnt accept the pin code and finally went locked of course. however, i managed to open it with a puk-code. (Not the same thing as a passcode, but opening the sim-card.)

Yeah, thats funny because reinstalling the phone and restoring from my earlier backup do the trick withiut need the PUK code. Please, I didn't ever put any gsm pin or anything and I'm also searching through the web before asking something.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
well, my passcode was still the same - the phone didnt accept the pin code for opening the sim card after restarting, but the pasword unlocking the phone was working fine. i was able to use the phone normally but couldnt open the sim and hence no mobile network and not able to make calls. luckily the pin code errors are fixed easily. and im sure i didnt changed the code at work while the phone lost the signal, and no one were able to change it while phone was on my hand.

I hate it when my passcode changes without me knowing it!:rolleyes:

you should have been listening me yesterday when it happened %#&@%#

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
well, my passcode was still the same - the phone didnt accept the pin code for opening the sim card after restarting, but the pasword unlocking the phone was working fine. i was able to use the phone normally but couldnt open the sim and hence no mobile network and not able to make calls. luckily the pin code errors are fixed easily. and im sure i didnt changed the code at work while the phone lost the signal, and no one were able to change it while phone was on my hand.

you should have been listening me yesterday when it happened %#&@%#

Glad it worked out.

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
If this is a legit post call Apple support. Maybe if you can send them a receipt or proof of ownership they can help otherwise you are out of luck.

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
This actually happened to me twice this week, both times it locked up and wouldn't take my passcode of 4 years, I know for a fact I didn't change my passcode or anything.

Both times i had to do a find my iPhone and an erase and start all over. Super frustrating that there is no explanation for what may be causing this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.