Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Possibly a dumb question, but is there no PayPal app for iPads? I can only find the iPhone version which looks blown-up and ridiculous even on my Mini.

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
Their is not, i think if you get the swiping machine thinggy they offer you get a special app, but as far as i Know their is no standardized ipad app!

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
Isn't that kind of odd? After using an Android tablet for the last couple of years I recently decided to get an iPad. One of the things that won me over was the promise that the iPad has true tablet apps as opposed to Android where there are mostly blown-up phone apps. I'm really surprised that something as popular as PayPal doesn't have an iPad optimized app. Oh well.

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
it's not odd, Paypal is a worthless company, i don't doubt for a minute they don't support their apps on all devices. VERY few apps are " blown up " like that for the ipad. In this particular situation, paypal is to blame though, not apple.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I use the mobile website just fine on my iPad. It's not the same of course, but then it probably makes more sense to devote their time on the iPhone app more because that's where 99% of their customers are. It's complicated anyway because if you're doing purchases online, you're probably using Safari to begin with (even though there are numerous shopping apps) and you can't route that process to the app, especially now with all the new security stuff that adds an extra step just to open an app.

Why they don't just stretch it? I think that is actually against Apple's App Store policy. Plus, that just gives them that whole new pool of issues that the ~1,000 people using their app on their iPad will have.

That probably doesn't make a good excuse, but you know, it's probably saving them money to make it an inconvenience for us. o_O

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
it's not odd, Paypal is a worthless company, i don't doubt for a minute they don't support their apps on all devices. VERY few apps are " blown up " like that for the ipad. In this particular situation, paypal is to blame though, not apple.

Yeah, I know it's not Apple's fault. I just figured that PayPal is a fairly popular service, and there's got to be a fair number of people who would appreciate a convenient way of managing their account on their iPad as well as their phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.