Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
hey all...
i've had my little 12"er for about a month now...i've just noticed that when i plug my ipod headphones in, i only get sound out of one of the headphones...i know this is not normal; has anyone else had this problem??? i'm going to call apple sometime this week...i just dont want to be away from my little buddy for a while...i need it for class and all...

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
NtotheIzoo said:
hey all...
i've had my little 12"er for about a month now...i've just noticed that when i plug my ipod headphones in, i only get sound out of one of the headphones...i know this is not normal; has anyone else had this problem??? i'm going to call apple sometime this week...i just dont want to be away from my little buddy for a while...i need it for class and all...
Ye I've had a similar little glitch. I realised that for some reason OS X had set the sound to only come out of one side (and keeps doing it occasionally with no input from me! :confused: .) Try this:

Go into System Preferences, and choose "Sound", select the "output" tab and ensure the slider for the balance is in the middle.

Hope this helps! :)

NtotheIzoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
that did...i never even though of looking there...thats kind of a wierd glitch...well no big deal, i like the easy fixes...

thanx

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
NtotheIzoo said:
that did...i never even though of looking there...thats kind of a wierd glitch...well no big deal, i like the easy fixes...

thanx
No problem at all matey. Glad I could help and that your problem is solved! :)

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
I have had this happen to Windows machines as well. Settings for the left or right channel getting set to zero.....very wierd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.