PB audio question

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by NtotheIzoo, Sep 4, 2005.

1. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

hey all...
    i've had my little 12"er for about a month now...i've just noticed that when i plug my ipod headphones in, i only get sound out of one of the headphones...i know this is not normal; has anyone else had this problem??? i'm going to call apple sometime this week...i just dont want to be away from my little buddy for a while...i need it for class and all...

2. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Ye I've had a similar little glitch. I realised that for some reason OS X had set the sound to only come out of one side (and keeps doing it occasionally with no input from me! :confused: .) Try this:

Go into System Preferences, and choose "Sound", select the "output" tab and ensure the slider for the balance is in the middle.

Hope this helps! :)

3. NtotheIzoo thread starter macrumors regular

that did...i never even though of looking there...thats kind of a wierd glitch...well no big deal, i like the easy fixes...

thanx

4. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

No problem at all matey. Glad I could help and that your problem is solved! :)

5. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

I have had this happen to Windows machines as well. Settings for the left or right channel getting set to zero.....very wierd