Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j26

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
I'm in the middle of importing some DV video into my PB and I just noticed that my battery is down to 10% even though the damn thing is plugged in. The light on the cord is green, so it's getting power somehow.

I'm attached to a few things at the moment - external HD, graphics tablet, printer and pda via a usb hub, an external monitor and the camcorder via firewire. I've tried pulling out everything but the HD and firewire.

Anyone any ideas what it is??

Damn, 8% left.:(

j26

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
The HD is powered and turned on, and the usb hub is a 4 port powered hub and is plugged in too. The charger is 45w (don't know if that is the right one), but I am in college with a guy who owned an iBook (he got a mbp since). However I haven't seen him or his iBook in a couple of months.

I just about got the import done with 2% left, but the charger is acting mad, sometimes it goes dead, and other times charging. Luckily it's charging the the moment It's making me wonder is the charger on the way out. Hopefully it's just that, as I don't fancy the bill to repair it if there's something more wrong.

If there's something more serious wrong, it may force my hand in the mb or iMac/pb combo argument that's going on in my head.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
My PB 17" 1.33 had the exact same problem. Turned out to be a bad logic board. AppleCare replaced it and had it back in my hands in 3 days. Take it into an Apple Store and ask the Genius Bar folks if you can use one of their chargers to see if it is just the charger. If it is, buy a new one, if it's not... bad news.

j26

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
aricher said:
My PB 17" 1.33 had the exact same problem. Turned out to be a bad logic board. AppleCare replaced it and had it back in my hands in 3 days. Take it into an Apple Store and ask the Genius Bar folks if you can use one of their chargers to see if it is just the charger. If it is, buy a new one, if it's not... bad news.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh bugger, and there's no Apple Stores in Ireland. Unfortunately I also know nobody with a PowerBook. It seems to be charging fine now, but I'm getting very worried.

Applespider

macrumors G4
j26 said:
The HD is powered and turned on, and the usb hub is a 4 port powered hub and is plugged in too. The charger is 45w (don't know if that is the right one)

What PB do you have? I've got a Rev A 15" PB and mine is 65w
Mum's iBook has a 45w one - and I noticed once when I needed an emergency top-up that it took longer to charge.

j26

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
It's a 12" G4 1.33. Since it's smaller, maybe it uses the smaller charger. I know the MBP charger is considerably bigger.

*Prays*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.