Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I just noticed today that MailCacheDelete using 5.03 GB of RAM. I don't even use the Mail.app I use Kiwi for Gmail.

I am using 10.12 Sierra Public Beta 2. Macbook Air 13" June 2013

2rfewlx.png

bduolg.png

I have attached a link to the Sample .txt report from Activity Monitor.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3guqV5Vkk2cVXRxU0hKVUNHSjA

Shawn

tethead

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2005
NJ
Mine has been running almost nonstop since I tried out Mail for my Exchange account a couple of weeks ago (I normally use Outlook). Haven't even loaded Mail in a few days, and several restarts later, it is still a process that comes up and eats through my battery life quite a bit!! Any ideas on how to stop it??

AlanShutko

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
Mine has been running almost nonstop since I tried out Mail for my Exchange account a couple of weeks ago (I normally use Outlook). Haven't even loaded Mail in a few days, and several restarts later, it is still a process that comes up and eats through my battery life quite a bit!! Any ideas on how to stop it??

It just went away for me after a recent beta. I haven't been able to reproduce it anymore.

tethead

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2005
NJ
It just went away for me after a recent beta. I haven't been able to reproduce it anymore.

Still happening to me on the GM. Now installing GM2... hoping that works!

EDIT: nope! Still running rampant...

Last edited:

danormsby

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2016
Still happening to me on the GM. Now installing GM2... hoping that works!

EDIT: nope! Still running rampant...

Similar issue. In 2h30m of uptime MailCacheDelete has consumes 31m of CPU time. Noticeable reducing battery live on my rMBP 15' 2015.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.