Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob587

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Orlando, FL
Is it possible to plug a desktop PC into a powerbook so that I would be able to use the 17" screen as my display?

vraxtus

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Rob587 said:
Is it possible to plug a desktop PC into a powerbook so that I would be able to use the 17" screen as my display?

No.

EDIT: In response to below... yeah, if you got a PC card with video-in but then it wouldn't truly be broadcasting to the LCD... but rather be windowed... so yes, it will look like crap :D

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Nope....but that begs several questions. Do you already own both computers? 'Cause if all you want is a 17" Apple display for your PC, it's easier to just buy the display. And if you already have the PC, don't you have a display for it? And if you already have the Powerbook, what's on the PC that you can't do on the Powerbook instead? :confused:

cursorx

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2004
rueyeet said:
Nope....but that begs several questions. Do you already own both computers? 'Cause if all you want is a 17" Apple display for your PC, it's easier to just buy the display. And if you already have the PC, don't you have a display for it? And if you already have the Powerbook, what's on the PC that you can't do on the Powerbook instead? :confused:

Well said. Gotta go for the oscars :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.