1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

PDA Guide?

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by TBR, Nov 29, 2004.

1. TBR
    macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a place to investigate various PDA's as a friend of mine's mother want to buy her son one (he's 29 :) )but knows nothing about them, so she asked me but it's not something I really know too much about either.

He's a pc user so mac compatability isn't really needed.

Any help would be appreciated as most of the site's I've found are useless.

Thanks

2. macrumors Core

while im not a fan of their articles or reviews of macs i would check out www.cnet.com's review section, its usually pretty helpful except for when it comes to macs, but as you said that isnt an issue here.....

3. macrumors regular

Try this:

www.brighthand.com

4. TBR
    macrumors 6502

Thank you both, lots of reading for me tonight after work.

5. macrumors 6502

Treo 600/650

I would recommend the Treo, it also serves as a mobile phone. Very nice, has bluetooth, camera that makes movies, HD screen, good stuff...

But of course it is also a phone so it might not be exactly what she is looking for.

6. macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

If you're looking for reviews, I recommend ZDNET. If you're looking for just feature comparisons, Palm's site lines that up rather nicely.

7. Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

or try www.the-gadgeteer.com

you might have to search a little (or simply scroll through the review index), and it might work best if you're narrowed it down to a few options and want to compare them.

good luck!

marianne