PDA/Syncing Solution?

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by point665, Nov 12, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Jun 27, 2004
    Hey guys,

This really doesnt go with macs but I dont know where else to ask. Im looking to get some PDAs for employees. I have experience with Palm Pilots but theyve lately changed alot. Basically we will need something that a inventory database can be synced over a network of computers, and will be updated to the PDA from there but the inventory list should also be viewable from a desktop PC. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2004
    Look at Filemaker

Whelp - while I haven't had the chance to use the PocketPC/Palm end of it, I'd say take a look at Filemaker Pro. It's wonderfully intuitive (being a grown-up version of the ClarisWorks database), very easy to customize to meet your needs, fully cross-platform, and can sync to its PocketPC/Palm version.

Maybe someone here has actually used it with a PPC/Palm and can provide more insight.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 27, 2004
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    Compaq has some nice ones, i used one modle for about 2 months but did not need it much after i got an advanced phone.