Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

konjecture

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
So I recently bought the Mini 4 and have both the Apple silicone case and smart cover. I also went ahead and got the 53 Pencil for some note taking and drawing. Surprisingly, the 53 pencil is doing a pretty good job with notes (I heard it's not very good when it comes to precision work).

Now I don't take notes all the time like a college student but I was wondering if resting my palm while writing on the iPad screen will have any effects on the screen itself like some kind of deformity after few months? I try to not put much pressure but I'm still worried if something might happen due to this continuous pressure from my palm. Any one have any ideas about this issue? Or am I asking a stupid question here?

Last edited:

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I use Noteability, which provides s block at the bottom of the screen to write in. Ive taken lots of notes on various Mini's and have not ever put my hand on the screen. I cant answer your question but suggest you try the App I use for note taking. It works great, advancing the line then going to a new line automatically when at the end.
I use a microfiber ended stylus. It works better than the rubber ones. I will buy something like an electronic pencil, but havent felt the need yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.