Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uid15

Suspended
Mar 9, 2015
iPhones have been around for long enough and have become so popular that I didn't think that people were still surprised by the price.

----------

Very good point. The truly wealthy, especially those who actually EARNED their wealth, are more conscious of costs than most people. A major reason why people find themselves drowning in debt is because they don't worry enough about how much things cost. Instead it's just, "I'll take out another loan, or buy it on credit". There are so many people who try to look wealthy, but are achieving it by living beyond their means.

Yep, and there's a whole society full of people who are in denial, thinking the service provider has given them a "free" phone, just because they don't have to pay up front for it. Doh. I'd rather pay up front, if I could afford to, and not have a black cloud of debt hanging over me. :)

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
People always ask me "how much was that" about my iPhone 6 Plus.

Yeah if the subject comes up I tell them I buy my phones outright they think it's crazy payin 500-1000 on a phone but then I tell them my unlimited everything plan is 20 a month after taxes. Then they figure it out lol. Then they wanna use my hotspot because they're all on tiered plans lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.