Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I work in IT so most staff don't have iPhones. They need a more open platform to transfer files and tools. Power users if you will, which is fair enough. For personal use, the number is higher. About 70% have iPhones for this purpose.

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
This what I see at school:

Attachments

• 2015-01-20 06.12.56 pm.png
    2015-01-20 06.12.56 pm.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 47

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
I work in IT so most staff don't have iPhones. They need a more open platform to transfer files and tools. Power users if you will, which is fair enough. For personal use, the number is higher. About 70% have iPhones for this purpose.

What phones are the #1 for IT workers? any reason why besides ability to transfer files?

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
What phones are the #1 for IT workers? any reason why besides ability to transfer files?

It use to be Blackberry due to the encryption but now there seems to be more and more Windows Phone devices around.

They have the best Exchange integration and I suppose if you need to supply 100+ of them to a workforce, cost comes into it.

Only seems to be Directors and such who get an iPhone from the company budget. lol

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
All the people who have company-issued phones use iPhones (because that's what the company issues), everyone else has Android phones as their personal device. I'm one of the few who actually has an iPhone as my personal phone, and the only one in the entire company with an iPhone 6 (we're an office of about 80 people, if that helps with perspective).

Maybe iPhones just aren't that popular in Canada?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
100% iPhone? How? There's only 3 of us

----------

It use to be Blackberry due to the encryption but now there seems to be more and more Windows Phone devices around.

They have the best Exchange integration and I suppose if you need to supply 100+ of them to a workforce, cost comes into it.

Only seems to be Directors and such who get an iPhone from the company budget. lol

Windows phone due to your office being a Microsoft shop and their mobile MDM.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

IT Staff overwhelmingly iphone, maybe 80% or more. Different cultures in different companies.

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
There's about 4,000 people in my organization, and about 150 work in my department. I'd say that 99% are iPhone users.

However, we've started shifting away from iPads to MS Surface tablets.

Boris-VTR

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
In my company only I have iPhone. But I also do some work with tv family show and like 75% of people (camera man, director, actors, prep workers, etc) have iPhones. I have never seen that many iPhones in one place (iPhone is not really that big in this par of Europe).

MUBiomed

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
Large academic hospital

At least 75% iPhone use amongst attendings and residents. I have seen a lot of support staff with samsung phones though.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Well out of the people who I know what phone they have ( we aren't allowed our phones on the ward). I work on a psychiatric ward.

iPhone = 7
Android = 2

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
100% we cannot access our companies Vpn without a iPhone.
My company won't allow anybody who hasn't got a Blackberry or iPhone to use the Wifi. We had a virus last year and the IT department confirmed it had originated from a mobile phone (not iPhone or BB). They had not long relaxed the policy to allow all mobile OS's to use the system but this ended up ruining it for those on Android and Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.