Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I signed it. I hate me some Bruce Chizen.

Chief Executive Officer Bruce Chizen's customer-focused vision has transformed Adobe into one of the world's largest and most diversified software companies in terms of revenue, global reach and breadth of products.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Even if they do more than they're doing today, it'll still take them over a year to undo all the damage that 15+ years has done to their designs. Not only that, but they'll still charge for them and they probably won't work well.

A petition won't change that.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Waste of time

They have already said their next version will be a UB.

Do you REALLY think some web petition will change their minds?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
appleretailguy said:
They have already said their next version will be a UB.

Do you REALLY think some web petition will change their minds?

Not the point. It's a means of getting furstration out. What do you think, we're stupid - you actually believe we think this is going to get Adobe off their asses?

Heh. :rolleyes:

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Excellent!

Good to know your thinking is solid. I'm signing the damn thing as many times as I can.

Why the [expletive deleted] do big companies take so long to do EVERYTHING? You'd think with more resources at their disposal, they would be a little faster.

This does remind me of the switch to OSX (when Quark held out). I wonder if Quark has something nearly ready?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
appleretailguy said:
Good to know your thinking is solid. I'm signing the damn thing as many times as I can.

Why the [expletive deleted] do big companies take so long to do EVERYTHING? You'd think with more resources at their disposal, they would be a little faster.

This does remind me of the switch to OSX (when Quark held out). I wonder if Quark has something nearly ready?

Adobe is particularly annoying because Bruce "universal binary" Chizen stood up on stage and pledged his support for the Intel platform.

Up yours, Bruce.

The ONLY reason I do not have a spanking new MBP on my desk is Adobe. I can't imagine I am alone. They are costing Apple a lot of loot. Don't expect to see Bruce on stage anytime soon.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
why waste time porting CS2 to UB when you can put that effort and all the rest leftover effort into CS3?

I mean cmon, CS3 is more important to Adobe than keeping CS2 people WHO, if actually the kind to NEED a UB will buy CS3 because its "chump change" to them.

In any case, a UB of CS2 can be labeled CS3 with only tiny improvements thrown in etc, its their call not yours, mine or anyone elses.

And unless you own adobe stock (is it even public?) why should they care what you (the general YOU not anyone specific) say?

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
iGary said:
Adobe is particularly annoying because Bruce "universal binary" Chizen stood up on stage and pledged his support for the Intel platform.

Up yours, Bruce.

The ONLY reason I do not have a spanking new MBP on my desk is Adobe. I can't imagine I am alone. They are costing Apple a lot of loot. Don't expect to see Bruce on stage anytime soon.

Or, Steve told them, like he told everyone else, that the transition would take at least 2 years. And Adobe, like most insiders, thought consumer Macs would come first. Maybe?

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
although i agree, that adobeUB should come sooner than later, i am cool with what i have now.

i plan to withhold all buying a macintel as long as i could.

where's the dotted line?

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Sdashiki why waste time porting CS2 to UB when you can put that effort and all the rest leftover effort into CS3?

And unless you own adobe stock (is it even public?) why should they care what you (the general YOU not anyone specific) say?

Well, I own (just bought it 2 mths. ago) Studio 8 (sucks that Adobe bought them) and as far as not owning stock in Adobe the main reason is why would I own stock and get treated like crap twice (bought their product was enough). The programs aren't cheap to buy and they really should try to cater to those who do buy from them.
There's money to be made and more if companies would do it right/better for the end users.
I will be signing for sure.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
"Everyone, in my office NOW!"

"....what's the problem, boss?"

"Have you seen this?! HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?! First, we've got to create new versions of our apps, and now, of all things, there's a web petition on the loose saying we're not doing it fast enough!"

"*gasp*..a...a....web petition?!"

"Yes, a damned web petition! If we don't do something about this quick, we're through!"

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Josh said:
"Everyone, in my office NOW!"

"....what's the problem, boss?"

"Have you seen this?! HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?! First, we've got to create new versions of our apps, and now, of all things, there's a web petition on the loose saying we're not doing it fast enough!"

"*gasp*..a...a....web petition?!"

"Yes, a damned web petition! If we don't do something about this quick, we're through!"

What the hell are you selling your Mac for? :eek:

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
iGary said:
What the hell are you selling your Mac for? :eek:

hehe...:eek: *ducks and looks for safety*

The dark side beckons...in short: dual-core 2.0ghz AMD, 2gb ram, 250gb HD, "super" drive, nvidia 7800, Dell 2005fpw, and a couple hundred $ to spare.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Josh said:
hehe...:eek: *ducks and looks for safety*

The dark side beckons...in short: dual-core 2.0ghz AMD, 2gb ram, 250gb HD, "super" drive, nvidia 7800, Dell 2005fpw, and a couple hundred $ to spare.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*passes out*

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
LOL! tell me about it...

Definitely not an easy decision to make..but every time I get on the machine I shelled out $2300 for, and see 21 FPS on WoW...I get sick.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
iGary said:
The ONLY reason I do not have a spanking new MBP on my desk is Adobe.
So your signature should really read "They can have my PowerPC Chips as soon as Adobe comes out with Universal Binary applications"? :D

That being said, I think we've hashed this issue over before - designers as a whole, and large design firms in particular, aren't going to rush out and buy the latest and greatest equipment right away. Hell, there isn't even an Intel PowerMac out there to buy. MacBook Pros, iMacs, and minis aren't staples in production design houses.

As a result, there just isn't a lot of clamoring for UB Adobe apps, and Adobe won't be going nuts trying to re-compile CS2 for UB when they're in the middle of writing a new UB app. And I don't blame them.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Josh said:
Definitely not an easy decision to make..but every time I get on the machine I shelled out $2300 for, and see 21 FPS on WoW...I get sick.
Yeah, I guess if I shelled out $2,300 just to play games on my Mac I'd be sick too. :p

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
emw said:
So your signature should really read "They can have my PowerPC Chips as soon as Adobe comes out with Universal Binary applications"? :D

I may change it. Seriously - it is the only reason I haven't bought a new portable. I make my living with CS2, and Aperture would suck balls on a MBP (yes, I know that is not until nest month).

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
emw said:
Yeah, I guess if I shelled out $2,300 just to play games on my Mac I'd be sick too. :p

Well, that's not the reason I bought my Mac at all. I didn't even own a game until a long while after I bought it.

But I honestly have no work that binds me to the Mac. I love it, but it's not a necessity.

Everything I can do (graphics,video,development) I can do just as easily w/ any OS.

A faster, less expensive machine exists, and I need all the extra cash I can get (broke college student), so the deal is sealed for me :D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
iGary said:
I may change it. Seriously - it is the only reason I haven't bought a new portable.
So you're pretty sure the 15" MBP would run CS2 more slowly than your (how many) year old G4 iBook? I can see holding off on a Rev A if you're concerned about buggy equipment, but if the only reason is waiting for UB Adobe apps, then you may want to reconsider that position.

As someone who runs CS2 on my 1GHz TiBook, I'm looking forward to getting the MBP with or without UB CS2.

Now if only IT would update me on the status of my order...

Josh said:
A faster, less expensive machine exists, and I need all the extra cash I can get (broke college student), so the deal is sealed for me
Yeah, I've got a PC too (though it's off the radar), and I can understand the broke college student thing. It's just too bad you can't have both. Maybe buy a mini and a KVM to go with that new PC you're buying :D

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Josh said:
LOL! tell me about it...

you spent $2300 to play WoW¿

you sir are a

DORK!

roflmao.

and buying a PC because you "can" do multimedia on it, is a total misconception.

YES you can do DVDs, DV, audio etc on a PC.

but gimme a break, it wont be as simplistic as using Apple software.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
Sdashiki said:
you spent $2300 to play WoW¿

you sir are a

DORK!

roflmao.

and buying a PC because you "can" do multimedia on it, is a total misconception.

YES you can do DVDs, DV, audio etc on a PC.

but gimme a break, it wont be as simplistic as using Apple software.

??

I play a game on my Mac, and that suddenly is the only reason I bought it?

Excellent use of cromagnon reasoning. ;)

(and not everyone requires things to be so simplistic. Perhaps something to do with the crogmagnon reasoning?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.