Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
East Coast
wako said:
instead of doing online petition which never got ANYTHING done before since they were created. Instead you probably should call Apple and complain

I just think this will make a bigger impact. If I get about 200 signatures (which I'm hoping for), I'll print out the many pages and FedEx them to Apple's head of personnel. I couldn't imagine nothing at all would be done.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
There aren't any signatures on this online petition - guess she doesn't upset people too much. Besides, online petitions get nothing done.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Apple!Freak said:
I just think this will make a bigger impact. If I get about 200 signatures (which I'm hoping for), I'll print out the many pages and FedEx them to Apple's head of personnel. I couldn't imagine nothing at all would be done.
Petitions very rarely get anything done.
Large companies will rarely pay attention to them unless they get signatures within the thousands. (or more)

Online petitions mean even less because online, my names could be...
a. Bob Winker
b. Jill Alfredo
c. George Smith
d. Wilma Gates
e. All of the above :eek: etc. etc.

PS - I could fit 200 signatures on 1 piece of paper

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
This is stupid and pointless. The petition itself is worded poorly and you basically want us all to lie on your behalf. Unless, of course, every here at MR, save for myself, has shopped at that particular store and had issue w/that particular person. Kinda immoral. Don't ya think?

Get the name of the regional or district manager and call that person.

A petition is worthless unless you get real signatures from real people and every person who signs it includes a properly written letter explaining, in detail, the problems they had w/said person at said store.

Lethal

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I'm lost since I do not know why he really wants to get this person fired.

Of course my wild imagination probably says he's a snubbed stalker that was beaten up by her waif of a girlfriend.

Usually a link to where the thread where you were humiliated in public helps. :eek:

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Yup, EricNau is right. There's no identity confirmed by typing your name. A paper signature is still required for almost every major purpose (some have switched to PINs for online forms, but they are responsible for confirming your identity in order to grant that PIN or password, thus making it your "electronic signature").

Without a signature, it's just a pretty piece of paper. Signatures can be forged, so phone numbers and/or addresses are usually collected if called into doubt, for verification of a random sample.

But now I really wish I knew what Nancy did!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
As well as online petitions being a total waste of time (as already mentioned a dozen times)...who the hell is Nancy?
wtf.gif

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Since I bothered telling you what won't work, I figure I should atleast try and help.
If you feel Nancy deserves to be fired, keep in mind everyone has a manager above them, unless they are the CEO. If you get really mad with Nancy one day, just ask her, very politely "who is your manager." As you've already stated, she is, and assuming there isn't anyone above her at this store, you can proceed to step two... Ask her "who may I call regarding your position as head of this Apple Store." She would have to tell you, if not, she's setting herself up for a problem.
Or if you want to take the easier, and less personal approach, just call up 1-800-MY-APPLE and tell the operator what's going on and who you should contact. (You can get the operator by pressing odd sequences of numbers until you confuse the computer.)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Lack of specificity as to Nancy's actions, coupled with all the inherent weaknesses of online petitions, make this less than a worthwhile effort. If her behavior is as abysmal as claimed, you should pursue it through more traditional channels. There definitely should be personnel within the corporate structure interested in knowing about any situation that reflects badly upon Apple Computer.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
It would be a lot more professional to make a direct call to someone with higher authority. Besides i think its a little unfair for you ask for petition signatures from people who have had absolutely no contact with Nancy.

On the other hand as a former Apple store employee, i can relate to your situation. There are many women of authority who take advantage of their position. From my experience Apple Retail and Apple Computer have very very different business mottos

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
MacDawg said:
I'm beginning to believe that online petition posts should be banned on MR as spam :eek:
I disagree. They make for fun reading. It's like going to Wasteland (you know you do), and reading all the random ramblings that you would never have seen otherwise.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Sun Baked said:
Of course my wild imagination probably says he's a snubbed stalker that was beaten up by her waif of a girlfriend.

Or the girl herself...

Stand outside the mall, advertise in the local paper...get sigs from ppl who have actually had issues with this person.

There will always be people like this in the world, the manager, not you.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
if you want to remove a store manager (that is a quite important position) then you shouldn't word your letter as if it was written by a 13 year old.

if you have a number of specific complaints then list them all but keep it short.
citing a number of anonymous employees with unspecific complaints only undermines your own credibility.
there is nothing in your letter that would give an apple manager a specific and legally sound reason to go after nancy.

seeing that no one in this forum supports your case proves that your petition will not be successful. the people here are on your side and you can't even convince them. how should your letter convince a manager at apple?

my advice is to get somebody with business experience (and a native speaker, just look at my poor grammar and spelling) to write a more professional letter. that helped when my brother complained about his car (a GM).

this petition as it is only hurts your cause.

jane doe

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
About Nancy

Nancy is a hard working girl that does her job with distinction, grace and fairness. She is polite and great to work with. Nancy has years of experience working in retail and has good business sense.

Nancy goes the extra mile for customers and does not have to raise her voice to make her point.

saunders45

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
Her name is actually "Nanc", it's phoenetic (sp?). She is a manager/business rep and is actually quite nice. I have dealt with her on numerous occasions and she is quite nice. And if i remember, Danika is the head manager of that store, not Nanc. Soryy bud, but it osunds you like just might have caught her on a bad day. Just like 3 weeks ago, I took in my mom's iPod mini which was only about a month old. The internal disk had failed, and I had a brand new one and was out the door in less than 5 minutes. Oh, and it was Nanc who helped me to.
;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.