Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seepel

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Relax your fingers and hover your hand over the touch pad. Visualize all of your finger tips casually coming together to a single point, but stopping just before they collide. Now drop your hand so that your finger tips hit the pad, save the pinky finger. now, open your hand up, fingers spread wide like you are about to stick your palm in wet concrete.

Behold, your desktop appears. :)

Oops I was talking about the spreading gesture.

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
I'm indifferent about the differences between Exposé & MC. Each has its own set of +'s & -'s which add up to approx. the same score, so not being someone who resists change I'm left enjoying the novelty of something new + the new gestures, mail, etc. features are cool; however, I despise the new look of Address Book and iCal.

mark28

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2010
People have been e-mailing Apple since the first tastes of Lion came out about this.

If anything, we need someone to develop a hack so we can get Expose/Spaces to work on Lion.

It's a shame OS X = closed system.

On Linux you can do whatever the hell you want to do with it, even add expose to your GUI.

chillvisio

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2011
Signed, but why not include in this petition: get back Rosetta and Front Row too :) The main reasons for me not downgrading to Lion was the lost of Exposé and Spaces and Rosetta.

labaom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Signed, but why not include in this petition: get back Rosetta and Front Row too :) The main reasons for me not downgrading to Lion was the lost of Exposé and Spaces and Rosetta.

Well I mean I did not include Rosseta because the fact is peoples should be upgrading their software period. Expose is more of an operating system thing.

chillvisio

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2011
Well I mean I did not include Rosseta because the fact is peoples should be upgrading their software period. Expose is more of an operating system thing.

Except in the situations when software for your hardware is no more supported by he vendor, thus making you buy new hardware when you are completely happy with it, just because you upgraded your OS.

labaom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Except in the situations when software for your hardware is no more supported by he vendor, thus making you buy new hardware when you are completely happy with it, just because you upgraded your OS.

I understand both sides. But Apple wants to move away from PPC. When do you expect them to move away from it if ever? Expose/Mission Control is more of a feature within the operating system rather than appeasing those who still use old applications. Although I do not agree with Apple on many things I think their transition to Intel was great. This is just another step.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
Come on, Apple! Bring back the old Exposé! It was really useful when I was using all 40 of my applications at once. Mission Control only shows, like, 10 windows laid out correctly!

labaom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Come on, Apple! Bring back the old Exposé! It was really useful when I was using all 40 of my applications at once. Mission Control only shows, like, 10 windows laid out correctly!

Would be even better if we got pre Snow Leopard expose. But baby steps are good!

glass543

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
awful

There's no way this window is more clear than the old expose. Take a look at the AppStore screen, it's completely cut off. I can't believe they would allow this - just awful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 10.25.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 10.25.05 PM.png
    828.4 KB · Views: 163

glass543

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
window configuration?

and on that note, does anyone understand why sometimes I actually can see all windows, and other times I can't. The above screenshot and this one have the exact same windows open - why is this one so much better - seems like it's totally random with the configuration that's displayed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 10.54.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-23 at 10.54.07 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.