Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Why does my iPhone change macrumors back to the mobile version no matter how many times I choose full site? I understand if I shut the phone off this would happen, but it goes back to the mobile site even when I leave the site up on my phone for a few hours. I hate the mobile site. I hate the layout. I hate not having quote notifications on the top of my screen.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Why does my iPhone change macrumors back to the mobile version no matter how many times I choose full site? I understand if I shut the phone off this would happen, but it goes back to the mobile site even when I leave the site up on my phone for a few hours. I hate the mobile site. I hate the layout. I hate not having quote notifications on the top of my screen.

Do you have cookies disabled?

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's set to "from visited". I think I want that though so my screen name is remembered and I don't have to log in every time. Is that right?

ya, that seems right.

Have you bookmarked the page? Maybe you bookmarked the theme switching link? Is this mobile Safari?

arn

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
ya, that seems right.

Have you bookmarked the page? Maybe you bookmarked the theme switching link? Is this mobile Safari?

arn

It's mobile safari but not book marked. I'll go to spy.macrumors and click on full site. And then after I leave the phone alone and click on safari again, it's back on the mobile site.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's mobile safari but not book marked. I'll go to spy.macrumors and click on full site. And then after I leave the phone alone and click on safari again, it's back on the mobile site.

Can you reproduce this reliably? Can you give me the exact steps?

Something like:

1. Launch Safari
2. visit "http://spy.macrumors.com"
3. Tap on Desktop
4. click back on "Spy"
5. exit Safari
6. Come back later
7. Hit reload.
8. Spy is now mobile version?

arn

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I just tried exactly what wrote and it went back to mobile site. I then also did this:

1. Clicked on link to your response
2. When safari opened the thread, switched to full site
3. Left safari by hitting home button and left phone alone
4 hit home to wake phone and hit safari. The thread was up in mobile mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.