Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
I’ve used mine almost daily since early November. Just a bunch of hairlines and scuffs. I call it Patina 😜
This will be the last clear case I have bought. I also have a deep purple and blue leather YMW case. So when this case is EOL, I will switch to the leather cases. Let’s hope that won’t be the ‘case’ (pun intended) for a long time. :)

Reactions: gagee

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
This will be the last clear case I have bought. I also have a deep purple and blue leather YMW case. So when this case is EOL, I will switch to the leather cases. Let’s hope that won’t be the ‘case’ (pun intended) for a long time. :)
This is my first clear case and i dont think i will get one again. I know my dad has had clear cases in the past and they didnt age well at all.

Reactions: macher and walds11

off2marz

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2023
How is your crystal holding up? Any scratches?
No scratches on mine so far, but I haven’t used it a ton. Been in my leathers lately. Also I have a Snap grip on it, so I wouldn’t see any scratches from MagSafe

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
No scratches on mine so far, but I haven’t used it a ton. Been in my leathers lately. Also I have a Snap grip on it, so I wouldn’t see any scratches from MagSafe
Oh ok. I actually prefer leather cases. i only got the PR case because of all they hype on this forum lol

Reactions: macher and off2marz

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
I am returning my Clear Black PR. It took a few hours before it slit off my screen protector from WSKEN. As soon as I took the case off, the screen protector went back in place. It’s the case that causes the problem.

I bought it off Amazon. Lucky me, Amazon is paying the shipping costs from Netherlands to Las Vegas.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
I am returning my Clear Black PR. It took a few hours before it slit off my screen protector from WSKEN. As soon as I took the case off, the screen protector went back in place. It’s the case that causes the problem.

I bought it off Amazon. Lucky me, Amazon is paying the shipping costs from Netherlands to Las Vegas.
Oh that is not good. Good thing you still have time to return.

Reactions: walds11

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
I am going go return the PR Crystal to amazon. It is a nice case but i think i will stick with my Andar leather cases and Apple silicone case going forward. I fell into the hype of the PR cases but it is not for me.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I am going go return the PR Crystal to amazon. It is a nice case but i think i will stick with my Andar leather cases and Apple silicone case going forward. I fell into the hype of the PR cases but it is not for me.
Yeah, I felt the same way with the frosty flex 15. It didn’t float my boat.

My three go to cases are…Pitaka MagEZ 4 (we go way back with this one), dbrand ghost and Caudabe Sheath. Nice range of cases.

I am thinking about getting the Arc Pulse. I prefer minimalist cases and need to check this one out.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Yeah, I felt the same way with the frosty flex 15. It didn’t float my boat.

My three go to cases are…Pitaka MagEZ 4 (we go way back with this one), dbrand ghost and Caudabe Sheath. Nice range of cases.

I am thinking about getting the Arc Pulse. I prefer minimalist cases and need to check this one out.
Yeah that case is a bit too expensive for it not really being a case lol

Reactions: walds11

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Turns out the return label is only valid for USA. So I decided to try again. The case isn’t pushing off the screen protector now. Seems I will keep it. ;)
Mine was just returned to Amazon via UPS for some reason.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Mine was just returned to Amazon via UPS for some reason.
Mine went with DHL. It took 3 scanners, but the item could not be scanned. I have read that I first would need to fill in a declaration form and handling it will cost 21 EUR.

So I gave the PR a second chance and I like it. Maybe I have installed the phone incorrectly in the case yesterday.

gagee

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2019
Mine went with DHL. It took 3 scanners, but the item could not be scanned. I have read that I first would need to fill in a declaration form and handling it will cost 21 EUR.

So I gave the PR a second chance and I like it. Maybe I have installed the phone incorrectly in the case yesterday.
Oh Ok. I am in Canada and Amazon asked me to drop off at a UPS store to be shipped and they paid for it.

Reactions: macher and walds11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.