Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
ac0ca353ac710e286708c4d538eff915.jpg

Aushiker

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2023
Walyalup, Australia

The Colonial Totem by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

‘The Colonial Totem is drawn from hand tools used early in the forest clearing.

These tools represent human endeavour and courage in the colonising of Western Australia. The Colonial Totem is a historical window of attached meanings.’ – Interpretative sign at the art installation, Swarbrick, which is part of the Walpole Wilderness Discovery Centre.

Artists: Lorenna Grant and Alan Clark

Aushiker

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2023
Walyalup, Australia

Fremantle Rail Bridge Protection - Underwater Rock Mound {0817 01} by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

TAMS is working on constructing an underwater rock mound to protect the Fremantle rail bridge. The works include the installation of 14,500 tons of limestone and armour rock to form an underwater rock mound designed to prevent vessels from colliding with the bridge.

This photo captures the dredge, Total Support and its mounted Hitachi EX1100 excavator, placing rocks into the mound. I was quite intrigued by this work as there was no obvious way the operator could see how the rock placement was going.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Ok, the

Fremantle Rail Bridge Protection - Underwater Rock Mound {0817 01} by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

TAMS is working on constructing an underwater rock mound to protect the Fremantle rail bridge. The works include the installation of 14,500 tons of limestone and armour rock to form an underwater rock mound designed to prevent vessels from colliding with the bridge.

This photo captures the dredge, Total Support and its mounted Hitachi EX1100 excavator, placing rocks into the mound. I was quite intrigued by this work as there was no obvious way the operator could see how the rock placement was going.
OK so if the theme is now dredging for rocks. Here is a picture of a big kidney stone I passed (ouch!)

IMG_1432.jpeg
😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.