Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
yup many people just don't realize this simple fact

sitting 15 feet away from your brand new 1080p is a complete waste of money, same goes for the stupid notion of having a laptop with a 326 DPI.

but yeah, there will always be misinformed consumers with large amounts of money willing to buy any product they think will make them seem cooler/better than their friends

toes

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
LOL WUT?

I think the only thing I ever plug in to my macbook air is to sync my iphone, and if apple would just offer us a wireless syncing option then I would have nothing to plug in.

Just jail break your iPhone (it's pretty easy) and there is Wi-Fi sync (on Cydia). Works like a charm for me.

hackerwayne

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I'm an incredibly huge supporter of the Air line. My high end MacBook Air is seriously the best computer I have ever used. Portability is paramount for me (teacher) and the Air has been a dream come true in every way.

I'm not sure how I feel about the move to a smaller screen. 13.3" is very comfortable, any smaller and I just don't know. Maybe if they used a retina display style resolution in it, I'd feel differently. Hrmmm we'll have to wait and see. Either way, my 5 month old MacBook Air is going on eBay right now.

Couldn't be more excited about the 'Back to the Mac' media event. Very interested to see what they do with their Macs in general. Here is my Air wish list, supposing there are no big form factor changes...

1) 13.3" high res display (retina?)
2) Black bezel
3) Glass multi touch trackpad
4) New hinge system
5) Two USB ports (the tethering factor)
6) 4 gb of DDR3 ram
7) Quad core Intel processors
8) Don't know much about modern graphics processors, but a significant bump in specs would be nice
9) Flash or SSD drives standard, more HD space please
10) Infra red receiver on the back of base plus front (or bluetooth remote)
Sorry for bumping such an old thread. But i just wanna say this.

Interesting facts. How many of those speculations actually comes to fruition. :)
1. Retina MBP.
2. Retina MBP.
3. All MacBooks line up has that now.
4. 2010~Current MacBook Air has new hinges.
5. Yep..
6. Standard on all 13" MacBook Airs and above :) (Up to 8GB today..)
7. Still waiting.... for Intel Haswel.
8. Intel HD 3000/4000
9. Standard on all MacBook Air since 2010 & rMBP since 2012.
10. Nah, we don't need that. We've got iPhones as controllers XD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.