Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCH-1138

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
California
Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Quote with Thumbnails - When you quote an image please restore it's thumbnail before replying. You can do this either by installing the AutoTIMG browser extension or by editing the code by hand.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the Multi-Quote button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

*Photography forum tutorials - If you need any help with posting, try one of these tutorials.

Posting Photos to Photo Forums from Flickr and ImageShack

How to Quote, Multi-Quote and Edit Posts

Restoring Thumbnails in Photo Quotes (AutoTIMG Extension and Code Editing)

For One-Click Access, they are all here: Designer Dale's Google Docs Folder

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post or download the Welcome file from HERE when you do. Both maintain all the formatting and links.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here **

---

D7000 • Tokina 50-135mm f/2.8 @ 135mm • 1/1000 @ f/4

drewu

macrumors member
May 1, 2011
England
Lady at the Louvre

A stranger posing for me at the Louvre, on a recent visit to the French capital. Paris, it really did live up to the hype! Beautiful city!

Instagram @drewunalkat for more photos (I do not use Flickr much these days).

Last edited:

MCH-1138

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2013
California
Guys, I can no longer seem to get a BBCode on Flickr? Can anyone help me out at all? The HTML option is still there, but they have removed the BBCode.

There should be a thumbtack/pin icon when you go to grab the link. That one has the BBCode. See explanations here and here.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Red Bellied Woodpecker

PHD_5988-L.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Beautiful and a sure sign of spring MacRy...well done.

You guys are definitely ahead of us on the seasonal continuum. We're just now seeing the last of the snow melt away but we'll get there and start complaining about the heat soon enough.

Thanks Cheese. It's about time our spring arrived. It's been a long time coming what with Aquawinter hanging around for so long.

tkadrum

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Spring awaiting for Summer.
https://flic.kr/p/mpJqXi Tried to post picture here, but ended up with nothing, so I'm posting a link to mine flickr account

Attachments

• 13395693415_3f03659c55_b.jpg
    13395693415_3f03659c55_b.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Yeah...tough call but a very good shot anyway. :)

I found that the logo design at the bottom right did not fit the aesthetics of the photo, will work on it again tomorrow and resubmit. thanks!

Thanks Cheese. It's about time our spring arrived. It's been a long time coming what with Aquawinter hanging around for so long.

nice! the triangular shape of the flower fits nicely in the square frame! I'm really beginning to like brave cropping.

Aquawinter made me laugh, apparently you have plenty of those over there

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
nice! the triangular shape of the flower fits nicely in the square frame! I'm really beginning to like brave cropping.

Aquawinter made me laugh, apparently you have plenty of those over there

Thanks needfx. I'm shooting in square format for a photo challenge on another site so I'm glad it works with the triangle as that is what I was hoping for :)

We've officially renamed winter now ;)

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
A thirty second exposure of Port Adelaide after dark. I feel it could have done with using a ND filter to get up to maybe a minute or two for perfectly mirror-like water.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
He's cute. Your buddies are much nicer than mine. ( mine itch...)
What species is yours?

Norm is a ring tailed lemur. I have a seasonal position at a privately owned zoo here in Kansas (my wife works there as the Education Curator year round), and we have an island where guests can go inside with the lemurs and feed them. It's pretty amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.