Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Last of the Roses. At least for this year.

P8260727.jpg

Jumpthesnark

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2022
California
230830-SuperBlueMoon_export-1.jpg

Super Blue Sturgeon Moon rising with California Tower. Balboa Park, San Diego.

Composite from two exposures, because of the difference between exposures needed for the moon and the foreground was well beyond the camera's dynamic range.

Canon 6D Mk II, Canon 400mm f/5.6. Foreground exposure 1.3 sec. @ f/5.6, ISO 320. Moon exposure 1/200 @ f/5.6, ISO 320.

I used two apps to plan the precise location of the moonrise. They gave me different results of where the moon would rise, so I scouted the area while the sun was still out and found three locations to shoot from. As sunset and moonrise approached, I was approached by another photographer who was looking for the same shot. I shared with him the information I had, and that I was rolling the dice on the location but that there were other locations nearby. When the moon rose, it was further to the north than our apps told us it would be, so we grabbed our tripods and ran to a different location. Because of all the trees, it was difficult to find a clear shot but after running across a parking lot we got some framing that allowed us to shoot between the trees and get some photos.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I give up; what is this please?

Cheers :)

Hugh
Thank you! It's actually a severely cropped image of a red flower with large glossy leaves. While editing the image as a whole I noticed a pattern in the way the leaves and the flower came together at one point. Hm.... so then I thought about how it could be much more interesting if cropped to create an abstract and also emphasize shapes and color contrasts.

I shot this from my deck, looking down at one of the hanging flower baskets my downstairs neighbor has on her deck. The grey in the image is actually the boardwalk.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Thank you! It's actually a severely cropped image of a red flower with large glossy leaves. While editing the image as a whole I noticed a pattern in the way the leaves and the flower came together at one point. Hm.... so then I thought about how it could be much more interesting if cropped to create an abstract and also emphasize shapes and color contrasts.

I shot this from my deck, looking down at one of the hanging flower baskets my downstairs neighbor has on her deck. The grey in the image is actually the boardwalk.
Impressive 👍

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
View attachment 2253274

Composite from two exposures, because of the difference between exposures needed for the moon and the foreground was well beyond the camera's dynamic range.

Canon 6D Mk II, Canon 400mm f/5.6. Foreground exposure 1.3 sec. @ f/5.6, ISO 320. Moon exposure 1/200 @ f/5.6, ISO 320.

I used two apps to plan the precise location of the moonrise. They gave me different results of where the moon would rise, so I scouted the area while the sun was still out and found three locations to shoot from. As sunset and moonrise approached, I was approached by another photographer who was looking for the same shot. I shared with him the information I had, and that I was rolling the dice on the location but that there were other locations nearby. When the moon rose, it was further to the north than our apps told us it would be, so we grabbed our tripods and ran to a different location. Because of all the trees, it was difficult to find a clear shot but after running across a parking lot we got some framing that allowed us to shoot between the trees and get some photos.
Well done...

Reactions: Jumpthesnark

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
View attachment 2253274

Beautiful photo!

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Yeah , got a late start with them this year. Both in starting the seeds and transplanting them out . Usually I grow late varieties , but not this late , although I know a number of people who have just begun to get tomatoes in the last week or so.

Reactions: AppleKarma
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.