Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Empty Post

I guess this is my last post for the year too!
3148864997_ebec206445_b.jpg

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
HDR stands for High Dynamic Range

right. i have only gotten exposed to hdr after combing thru this forum. not sure if i like it. makes the images look too "computery" and artificial. it's almost a photographic effect instead of a photographic technique. but, to each their own.

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
right. i have only gotten exposed to hdr after combing thru this forum. not sure if i like it. makes the images look too "computery" and artificial. it's almost a photographic effect instead of a photographic technique. but, to each their own.

It doesn't have to be. Some people take it to the extreme in order to make it an effect, but used sparingly it can greatly increase the dynamic range while still looking realistic.

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
Nice shot of my hometown. Two things I would change (improve). First, straighten the horizon. Easy to do and to not do so is a bit sloppy. Second, I personally think there's a bit too much sky and not enough skyline. I am sure you were trying to capture to interesting cloud formation, but the way the buildings appear only at the very bottom of the picture is a bit distracting. I would have tilted down a bit and tried to put more of the city in the shot, maybe somewhere along the rule of 1/3's. That way, you get a bit more of an idea what you're looking at.

From my recent trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

3152578639_f3bd7a7d20_b.jpg

The sun is coming from the right side. CnC appreciated ;)

LoneWolf121188

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Longmont, CO

You mean like this? :D

DSC00694_695_696_697_698_699_700_tonemapped.jpg

I love this effect...this is by far my favorite HDR pic that I've taken.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Nice shot of my hometown. Two things I would change (improve). First, straighten the horizon. Easy to do and to not do so is a bit sloppy. Second, I personally think there's a bit too much sky and not enough skyline. I am sure you were trying to capture to interesting cloud formation, but the way the buildings appear only at the very bottom of the picture is a bit distracting. I would have tilted down a bit and tried to put more of the city in the shot, maybe somewhere along the rule of 1/3's. That way, you get a bit more of an idea what you're looking at.
Hmm, good suggestion. I do noticed that the horizon is not exactly straight. Silly me.

Yeah, I guess the photo could look better if there is more part of the city.
I like this shot is cause the broad sky and the small perspective of the city make it look as in the city is very far away when it is actually taken from a hotel at MidValley City.

Anyway why is camera stuffs sold in Malaysia so overpriced? There is not even any tax for camera stuffs yet it is freaking expensive.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.