Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
It's December on the International Dateline.

Welcome to Photo of the Day. The POTD thread was started by iGary in May, 2006 and converted to a monthly thread in November 2007 by Arn. POTD is one of the most popular picture groups on MacRumors, often exceeding 500 posts and 20,000 views per month.

Photo of the Day is intended to be a showcase for your best pictures. There is no limit to your gear, just your imagination. P&S and film cameras are welcome along with DSLRs. There are no themes like the Weekly Contest, and no winners (or losers) either.

Policies

*One Photo per Day - Don't post more than one photo each day.

*Multi-Quote - To comment on several photos, click the "+ (Multi-Quote) button. This puts all your comments in one post. Multi-Quoting is required on all of the MacRumors forums.

*SFW (Safe for Work) only - This is a site - wide rule. If you wouldn't show it in a public place, then it's NSFW (not safe for work). Think before you post.

*Describe your photo - Tell what it is and where you took it. If you know the EXIF data of a photo, include it. The following EXIF fields are recommended: Camera, ISO, Focal Length, Shutter/Aperture and Lens.

Note: Anyone may start the Photo of the Day thread on the first of the month GMT. Please copy a quote of this post to maintain all the formatting.

** To see all of our past POTD threads please see the sticky thread here**

GForensic

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2013
IMG_2796.JPG
View attachment 603153
My Best Friend Boomer.....Shot with my new iPhone 6S. Any comments at all would be greatly appreciated as I am learning....

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
View attachment 603154 View attachment 603153
My Best Friend Boomer.....Shot with my new iPhone 6S. Any comments at all would be greatly appreciated as I am learning....

Nice shot. The iPhone 6s have a feature in the camera app that allows you to put a focus point just by touching a spot on the screen. For me, I would have focused on Boomer's nose / eyes and let the depth of field be a bit smoother. :)

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
Mrs. r.harris1 doesn't sit for portraits so I had to substitute myself. I am generally an available light guy (and I don't really do people) but I promised myself over the winter I'd start to teach myself some flash & lighting basics. Obviously, I've a ways to go but I hope to improve a lot over the coming weeks. I didn't nail the eye focus (manual focus lens so slightly awkward getting it just right) and no finesse at all with the light, of course. Comments, tips, pointers appreciated.

Selfie by Ray Harrison, on Flickr

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
No constructive help at all to you, but I think it's much better lighting than I can manage :)

Now if I only had a Bad Guy living nearby to teach me ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Yes, I'd love The Bad Guy to teach me, but I don't make a good male stripper :)

I've never stripped a male my life :D

How about 'Bad Guy' On Tour - we could all keep him in beer and fresh raw meat as compensation, plus scintillating conversation of course :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reactions: oblomow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.