Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK

bonfanti_0909.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I love this shot. Great work and the colors are subtle but seem to pop at me (if that makes sense). When and where was this taken if I can ask?

Thank you. It was taken two days ago from a spot overlooking Ullswater, in the English Lake District, close to where I took the shot I posted yersterday.

BTW, if you convert the

mac88

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA.
Thank you. It was taken two days ago from a spot overlooking Ullswater, in the English Lake District, close to where I took the shot I posted yersterday.

BTW, if you convert the tags to [img], quoted pix appear as thumbnails. It keeps the mods happy... :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. It is a really nice shot. Thanks for the heads up on the converting tags. I never knew how to do that conversion and usually don't/won't quote large images. I appreciate it. :D

maddagascar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009

very nice..i was wondering why the shutter speed was soo fast, but it looks like it was in Aperture Priority, at 300mm...soo i'm pretty sure you had a tripod correct? the bokeh looks great too, nicely focused and a sharp image to me atleast.

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Great shot... I love the lens distortion. Is your lens a true 10mm or do you have to apply a crop factor so that it's really working as a 16mm?

Thanks. The lens is Pentax 10-17mm fisheye zoom, a new acquisition to my kit. I love the lens, particularly the IQ. I suppose with the crop factor it would be a 16mm equivalent.

^^^ Not for me... Great location, great conditions, beautiful light. But what I see is 'lens distortion'... and that gets in the way of my enjoyment of the image...

I actually think it works quite well. It's like the trees are "hugging" the cabin.

I'm going to have to agree with Doylem on this one. I love the lighting, subject, shadows and composition on this one, but the fisheye is really distracting. Did you take another without the fisheye effect? I'd love to see it.

I did take other photos of this location, but I think the original version works better with the sun in the shot. Thanks for the C&C !

4351482672_d297c05e34_b.jpg

Camera: Pentax K200D
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1500)
Aperture: f/9.5
Focal Length: 15 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: -1/2 EV

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
first time posting in anything like this. I'll keep coming, these photos are amazing! I'm an amateur with a powershot sx200 point and shoot, but the zoom is great for this kind of thing:

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 111

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
very nice..i was wondering why the shutter speed was soo fast, but it looks like it was in Aperture Priority, at 300mm...soo i'm pretty sure you had a tripod correct? the bokeh looks great too, nicely focused and a sharp image to me atleast.

Thank you! Nope, no tripod. We have mountains of snow piled everywhere and so I just braced myself against the building at an angle to get this shot and similar ones. I usually do shoot in aperture priority. The weather was gorgeous: bright blue sky, plenty of sunshine -- and lots and lots of snow!! I was using the Nikkor 70-300mm VR lens at 300mm, which is good for shooting icicles hanging from buildings and tree limbs.

Another icicle shot:

p662536207.jpg

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
first time posting in anything like this. I'll keep coming, these photos are amazing! I'm an amateur with a powershot sx200 point and shoot, but the zoom is great for this kind of thing:

This is beautiful and I want it larger for my wallpaper!

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Tilting,Fogo Island Newfoundland

One of 9 villages on the island,this town has the distinction of being named an irish heritage town.

Attachments

• TiltingCopy.jpg
    TiltingCopy.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 106

Joe King

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
"Niall Dhu's Grave"

This prehistoric site lies near the summit of Tibradden (467m) in the Dublin Mountains and is known locally as "Niall Dhu's Grave". It was once thought to be a passage grave (and is referred to as such by Robert Graves in "The White Goddess") but is in fact a chambered cairn with a cist burial at the centre. Following its excavation in 1849 by members of the Royal Irish Academy, the centre of the cairn was removed to create the circular chamber and pseudo passage visible today. The burial urn that lay within the cist was removed and now resides at the National Museum in Dublin. The site lies slightly to the North of the summit of Tibradden, possibly so that the Howth Peninsula (visible in the far distance in the picture) could be seen from the site.

soup4you2

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
4354654428_72372ffe95.jpg

3 bracketed images (0, -1, +1 ev) for an HDR.
I also adjusted the saturation of blue and aqua for a nice green lagoon look. Next time I need to bring my tripod with me.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Love those two new skateboard shots you've posted. Beautiful.

Thanks, I feel I'm progressing as I'm more apt to share my pics here now that im really getting the basics down. I snapped a bunch when i first got it, i knew it was going to get beaten up, as its my first one.

Today's... 'The Complete':

Clickable....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.