Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Thanks Cheese&Apple for the kind words. Here's another of El Cap at sunrise from the banks of the Merced River; this time zoomed out a little and shot on the horizontal.
mercedriver201302166333.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Just writing an article about Lakeland churches: the easiest way I know to get my pix in print... :)

Another old pic... but it reminds me that spring is just around the corner...

dafftroutbeck.jpg

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Villacorta

EXIF
Camera: NIKON D800
Focal Length: 50mm
Shutter Speed: 1/60 sec
Aperture: f/1.4
ISO/Film: 2000

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->

The steam coming out of the longboat adds a lot to this one. Love the sense of depth here too.

Thanks Cheese&Apple for the kind words. Here's another of El Cap at sunrise from the banks of the Merced River; this time zoomed out a little and shot on the horizontal.
mercedriver201302166333.jpg

El Cap sure gets a lot of light at sunrise this time of year! I'm surprised there isn't more snow in Yosemite right now, but the little bits that are there look great.

Just writing an article about Lakeland churches: the easiest way I know to get my pix in print... :)

Another old pic... but it reminds me that spring is just around the corner...

dafftroutbeck.jpg

I hope you're right about that. We just got another meter of snow over the weekend, so Spring is feeling pretty far away right now. Lovely photo.

YooHoo !!! :p:p:p

Chouette_Lapone-1235-XL.jpg

Adorable! :)

Mine for today is just for fun. Snapped this one handheld while out snowshoeing yesterday. I had never seen swan tracks in the snow before and felt a certain empathy for the birds since I essentially had flippers for feet myself at the time.

FlipperPrints.jpg

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
YooHoo !!! :p:p:p

Chouette_Lapone-1235-XL.jpg

Very interesting shot Rowbear...I love the startled expression. :) I have to say though that I can't quite understand what I'm looking at. Is this guy laying in the snow or standing in an impression in the snow?

Mine for today is this shot of a beautiful sculpture that I saw in Las Vegas: "Rain Heroic" by Richard MacDonald. The only thing that prevented me from making a purchase was the lack of independent wealth.

PHD_4348-XL.jpg

Rowbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Gatineau, PQ, Canada
^^^^ awesome shot... Reminded me, I have this photo of an owl butterfly...

p1418264540-4.jpg

Lol :D

----------

Very interesting shot Rowbear...I love the startled expression. :) I have to say though that I can't quite understand what I'm looking at. Is this guy laying in the snow or standing in an impression in the snow?

The snow wasn't level everywhere, so he is standing at the edge of a portion that was a bit lower

kallisti

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2003
8509807280_37c02d62a9_c.jpg

Just wanted to add that the smudges on the glass in the center pane are from cat noses, specifically the cat in the right pane :)

Last edited:

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Spent a good part of the day at Silver Sands Beach, where you are allowed to drive onto the beach. I took a whole range of shots, starting with this one. It's a reconnaissance attempt for me, scoping out the site, to come back in a few months time when it's all nice and green and the foreground becomes flooded. I'll do a Winter sunset shot, with the reflection of the distant hills in the water.

This was a three shot stitch with my Tokina 11-16mm ultra-wide lens. For the proper one, I'll do it with a narrower lens and more sections to join in post.

Click to see it larger.

_MG_1337-1339.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.