Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
"So, rock me mama like a wagon wheel...."
Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker, Old Crow Medicine Show

DSCF1943.jpeg

AlixSPQR

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2020
Sweden
IMG_3561.JPG

One of many unvacated cottages in Sweden. Here, people were living well into the 20th century on subsistence farming. They may have been used later for vacations and such, but sometimes the cottages are just tended to a bit by the land owners, for sentimental reasons. In Sweden, it's perfectly permissable to approach a cottage like this to take pictures, as long as it isn't somebodys permanent or temporary living quarters.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Hello all, been away a long time from this part of the forum and missed seeing all the wonderful photos. So here in Geneva had the "Geneva Lux" light festival celebrating ten years. Very creative light sculptures - mostly abstract though a few animal ones like a phoenix and a song bird.

IMG_8477.jpeg

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Hello all, been away a long time from this part of the forum and missed seeing all the wonderful photos. So here in Geneva had the "Geneva Lux" light festival celebrating ten years. Very creative light sculptures - mostly abstract though a few animal ones like a phoenix and a song bird.

View attachment 2345309
Very nice! The artwork reminds me of when I was younger. A friend's mom had a very similar piece on her end table. It was much smaller and female in form made of frosted glass. I liked the illusion of the body being slightly under water.

Reactions: decafjava
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.