Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgeinnj

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
New Jersey, USA
I got a picture upload rejected a few days ago, it was more than 8 MB, so maybe that's the limit?
Well the size limit has changed over the years, many years ago I read that the limit was 1MB but through experimentation I found that it was higher than that and the last limit I read about it looked like it went up to 5MB but it could be higher. That other limit, pixel dimension, I wrote about could have changed also.

Reactions: AlixSPQR

C0ncreteBl0nde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2023
Rural America
orchard - 1.jpeg

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Love how you catpured the little waves by the bird's neck and body as well as the bird's reflection. I don't know about you all sometimes a quick "action" shot doesn't let you appreciate the nuances until you get to review the picture. That is what I love about photography!!! Remind me of working though college in a black and white film lab. It was so neat to to the picture come up slowly in the chemical bath!

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Love how you catpured the little waves by the bird's neck and body as well as the bird's reflection. I don't know about you all sometimes a quick "action" shot doesn't let you appreciate the nuances until you get to review the picture. That is what I love about photography!!! Remind me of working though college in a black and white film lab. It was so neat to to the picture come up slowly in the chemical bath!
Thank you! Very true, this! I was standing on the boardwalk and the geese were quite close to me so I started shooting.....and was indeed surprised when I viewed the images later in the computer to notice that little detail of the waves. I had been initially interested in the bird's mouth opening as he was drinking, and the waves were a bonus!

I have fond memories of spending time in the darkroom and never got tired of the magic as I stood there watching as a seemingly blank piece of white photo paper sitting in the chemical bath slowly brought the negative over which I'd labored at the enlarger truly to life. Sometimes it could be frustrating, too, though, if the image didn't develop quite in the way I'd been anticipating. These days we really have it easy with the ability to "develop" our images in software. No chemicals, no dim lighting, no fuss, no muss.... I still miss the darkroom days, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.