Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
I know this thread is meant to be about photo's but I'm getting a bit fed up seeing photo's voted down for no reason

Oberhammer's picture above is already at -1. His picture on the first page has also been voted down

..i dont mind people voting a picture down if they give some constuctive criticism, thats well and good we can all learn and improve.

I know this is a public forum and sometimes you have to accept the brutal truth...dont mind that either as long as its explained..it happend to me I posted a HDR that was way over the top..someone pointed this out (in no uncertain terms!!) but at least I was able to learn and tone it down on my next attempt

But knocking photo's for the sake of knocking them or because of peronalities or what ever will just cause poeple to stop posting and this forum will become poorer beacuse of that.

Many people take some considerable time and effort over their pictures and post them here, ..imo everyone who posts here deserve's some basic respect for their efforts,regardless of their chosen style or skill level

Well said!!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
churchj.jpg

konaelf

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
Nice. Where in Dartmoor?
And funkatronic, the hounds are long gone and replaced by a high security prison (dating from 1806)

Thanks for the comments guys yes no hounds but plenty of noisy ravens that day - this place is called Windy Post or Beckamoor

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space

EXIF Summary: 1/200s f/5.6 ISO200 Sigma 120-400@400mm Hand held.

Lucky shot. This guy was just a fluff ball in a tree when I spotted him as I left the Nisqually Delta Wildlife Preserve. I focused my camera to see what it was and the viewfinder was filled with blur and feathers. It landed on a tree stump around ten feet from me. This is the first shot, and I think it captured the feel of the bird best.

Red Tail Hawk, I believe.

Dale

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I know this thread is meant to be about photo's but I'm getting a bit fed up seeing photo's voted down for no reason

Oberhammer's picture above is already at -1. His picture on the first page has also been voted down

..i dont mind people voting a picture down if they give some constuctive criticism, thats well and good we can all learn and improve.

I know this is a public forum and sometimes you have to accept the brutal truth...dont mind that either as long as its explained..it happend to me I posted a HDR that was way over the top..someone pointed this out (in no uncertain terms!!) but at least I was able to learn and tone it down on my next attempt

But knocking photo's for the sake of knocking them or because of peronalities or what ever will just cause poeple to stop posting and this forum will become poorer beacuse of that.

Many people take some considerable time and effort over their pictures and post them here, ..imo everyone who posts here deserve's some basic respect for their efforts,regardless of their chosen style or skill level

I always forget that you can vote when I look at these photo threads. I'm too busy looking at all the great images. :)

I must say that I'm not a fan of most of the overcooked HDR but it certainly doesn't make me angry. ;) There are some photos on here I like and some I don't like but it is good to see both posted. What I see here (both liked and disliked) helps me to refine my own style.

These are great threads even if there are a few grumpy people out there. Oh, now get off my lawn! :D

Rowbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Gatineau, PQ, Canada

EXIF Summary: 1/200s f/5.6 ISO200 Sigma 120-400@400mm Hand held.
Dale

Cool shot, and hand held no less :) Nice pose too; looks proud :apple:

----------

Nice job on the post processing !!

----------

Really nice colors.

[constructive criticism] If its a crop, is it possible to lower the whole scene a bit ? (a bit less sky, more water reflection) [/constructive criticism]

yogeewan

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Inside the Emirates Palace

10.5 mm Fisheye

Attachments

• _DSC4264.jpg
    _DSC4264.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 100

motorazr

macrumors 6502
365, day 7

(7) NZT-48 or Searching for Inspiration

Self portraits are something I've actually really struggled with forever. They're never right. This one is no exception, of course... but it's probably the closest I've come in a good while to seeing what I'd like when I'm on the other side of the camera.

NZT is a great concept; too bad the lab-boys haven't worked out all the bugs just yet. If you don't get my reference, shame on you... go watch limitless!

Taken on the 7D with the 50 1.4, tripod mounted, MF, iso1600 1/80th, f2... macbook air with dslr remote and an iPhone for shutter release :D

Attachments

• 428175_10150595185436658_534901657_9290395_268516982_n.jpg
    428175_10150595185436658_534901657_9290395_268516982_n.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.