Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
Ha ha ha... I want to try some low key but just haven't had the time. Really like the way you capture yourself in this one. You look like your tag namesake!

Ya like that, huh? Can I interest you in a watch? This one doesn't send love hearts to anyone though.

Attachments

• 996154_10204139199137254_5894462772917193294_n.jpg
    996154_10204139199137254_5894462772917193294_n.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 124

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Hi guys! Sorry that I have been so absent lately; it's not from lack of interest! I hope to be more active soon.

Here is a sneak preview of a photo that I will be releasing soon, one I took in the Dolomites this summer.

Also, for any of you who are looking for reading material, you can read everything that you never wanted to know about me in this interview that Aperture Academy published today:

http://www.apertureacademy.com/guest-photographer-erin-babnik.php

Click to Enlarge:

[url=http://www.erinbabnik.com/share/LongTimeNoSee.jpg]Image[/URL]

Beautiful (as ever). Glad you're back. I missed the weekly dose of Slovenia...

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Ya like that, huh? Can I interest you in a watch? This one doesn't send love hearts to anyone though.

Technically that is really good. I like the dark sinister look... I mean no offence but I would never buy a watch from you.... :)

Do you use a professional studio setup for these? or is it more affordable for someone doing it as a hobby?

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.

Quite different, the effect works well I like the energy. Great contrast between the warm and cool colours too great job :)

Mmm loverly P, the leading of the flowers into the centre is perfect! I look forward to seeing more :)

Another stunning shot. The bar is very high already isn't it.

Cheers mate! :)

First shoot with the new camera by moonlight:

DSC00178.jpg

A7 - 30s - f/5.6ish - ISO800 - 28 mm

StephenF

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Hot Chicks

One more year till 40, two kids, and a receeding hairline....but I got some hot chicks of my own. 19 of em.

Attachments

• DSC_6648.jpg
    DSC_6648.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 111

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
Technically that is really good. I like the dark sinister look... I mean no offence but I would never buy a watch from you.... :)

Do you use a professional studio setup for these? or is it more affordable for someone doing it as a hobby?

Why? Because my watch doesn't have fancy heart sending technology? How rude. :p

I was lucky enough to find some empty space above my place of business, it's not a 'professional studio' by any means, but it gets the job done and is a great place to store my massive amount of gear.

Plus, keeping in mind the people I'm shooting aren't models, they seem suitably impressed when they see the setup. Well, enough to think I appear to know what I'm doing.

Lights, light modifiers, backgrounds, etc aren't cheap, but I'm using multiple speedlights and a couple of cheap ass eBay continuous lights opposed to studio lighting for the moment and that keeps costs down a lot.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Why? Because my watch doesn't have fancy heart sending technology? How rude. :p

I was lucky enough to find some empty space above my place of business, it's not a 'professional studio' by any means, but it gets the job done and is a great place to store my massive amount of gear.

Plus, keeping in mind the people I'm shooting aren't models, they seem suitably impressed when they see the setup. Well, enough to think I appear to know what I'm doing.

Lights, light modifiers, backgrounds, etc aren't cheap, but I'm using multiple speedlights and a couple of cheap ass eBay continuous lights opposed to studio lighting for the moment and that keeps costs down a lot.

No. You just look like a scary bloke in that shot. :)

I am really interested in trying to setup a back drop and some cheap ass lighting from eBay to try this but the only suitable space I have is my garage and it us packed to the gills with girls bikes trikes tents prams and scooters etc...

I intend to clear out soon and thin down their collection of pink plastic Barbie and Peppa Pig trinkets. Then I can have a mess about.

This is encouraging thanks mate.

And... If they aren't models, are they just family and friends? His do you get them to pose?

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
No. You just look like a scary bloke in that shot. :)

I am really interested in trying to setup a back drop and some cheap ass lighting from eBay to try this but the only suitable space I have is my garage and it us packed to the gills with girls bikes trikes tents prams and scooters etc...

I intend to clear out soon and thin down their collection of pink plastic Barbie and Peppa Pig trinkets. Then I can have a mess about.

This is encouraging thanks mate.

And... If they aren't models, are they just family and friends? His do you get them to pose?
Me, scary? Nargh...I'm a pussycat.

Making up a small studio is easy enough. Get a backdrop (cheap ass eBay will do), a lens with the appropriate focal length or the Photoshop skills to fix up where you overshot the background.

With the cheap assed eBay lights...yeah, be prepared to be disappointed with them a bit.

They're just not very good. I only use them to highlight particular areas if I run out of speedlights. They just don't pack enough power for key lighting and the build quality, well...terrible.

The faux models? I only use Facebook for two things. Talking to friends and pimping my photos. I use it as a casting agency. :)

1. Take photos of one person, post it on Facebook.
2. Watch the 'likes' and 'friend' requests roll in.
3. Does this 'friend' look like someone I can photograph or help publicise my work?
4. If 'yes'. Add friend.
5. Rinse and repeat.

The posing? Patience and communication.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.