Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2002
UK
Just switched to 10.3.2 from 10.2.8. My HP Deskjet 970cxi is now supported from within Panther (I'm told) but I can't find previously available output options. Print quality and paper type (plain/photo/photo glossy etc) for instance were under an "advanced" tab in the Print window. Anyone know how to select anything other than "standard" as I'm trying to print photos out of Photoshop Elements 2 and I know I should be getting better results. It's probably a simple solution but I've searched and can't work it out.

Thanks.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Are you sure that you have the HP driver selected in the Printer Utility? It sounds like you have the generic driver...

ajp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2002
UK
HP Driver definitely selected, it opens the driver with an "HP" logo in the dock. It's a different icon to the one I had previously up to 10.2.8. It looks very similar to the previous one, just with less options. Strangely, it does give me more choices in iPhoto than in Photoshop, but not all the ones I had. Best I can do at the moment is to save Photoshop pictures to iPhoto and print from there but there has to be an easier way!!

faithfulFrank

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2003
Central Florida
Dear ajp,
I have the same problem....I'm not too happy about it either. I miss my "paper type/quality" option. I still cannot find out how to pick "draft" mode or best mode for photos......I think they now want you to do this....click "colorsync".....then click that quartz filter thing and pick those options...there are alot of them. I have asked some "mac gurus" I know and they could not help....I guess mac thinks this way is better?? I'm a bit new to macs...I was just getting used to jaguar when I got panther....I like it except for this. I hope someone out there can help both of us here....good luck!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: Photo printing with Panther

Originally posted by ajp
Just switched to 10.3.2 from 10.2.8. My HP Deskjet 970cxi is now supported from within Panther (I'm told) but I can't find previously available output options. Print quality and paper type (plain/photo/photo glossy etc) for instance were under an "advanced" tab in the Print window. Anyone know how to select anything other than "standard" as I'm trying to print photos out of Photoshop Elements 2 and I know I should be getting better results. It's probably a simple solution but I've searched and can't work it out.

Thanks.
Here's an idea. Why don't you call Hewlett-Packard?

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Does this occur in other applications?
ie: Are the options you need available in Preview, or other application that can open and print images?

ajp

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2002
UK
I seem to have sorted it out! I checked the printer options in systems preferences and found two different "HP Deskjet 970 c" drivers loaded, at least they had different serial numbers when I checked their info. I deleted both then selected the deskjet 970c driver and set it as default. All is now sorted with a full set of printing options, just like before (Panther). Thanks for the ideas anyway guys. Faithfulfrank, maybe this'll work for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.