Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
tazo banned again? yeesh.

tazo was also suspended from school for a few days but, on the positive side, apparently got a Nikon D70.

idkew

macrumors 68020
neut said:
it does have some resizing issues (post titles run into the post dates), but nothing that would be noticed when viewing 800x600+. no one should be running under that anyways... it's just retarded.

peace.

i design for 1024x768 or better now. If you choose 800x600, start scrollin, but i don't know one person who can't do 1024x768, although i know some people who have good eye sight and choose 800x600 for some odd reason. (PC users, no less)

slowtreme

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2003
Tampa FL
zync said:
anyway I'd still rather have the F-16 for maneuverability, etc. The two engines vs. one engine thing is a big deal but I don't recall an F-16 losing power to it's engine, and being hit with any modern missile would most likely destroy both of the F-18's engines...

anyway so you live in tampa too eh? wherabout?
Well like I said, I don't know of a published study of which jet has the best manuverability, but my vote is still the FA18. I give the falcon props for the high celing and it's aviaonics package including the fly by wire. But that's a jet that if anything goes wrong, there is no way to save it. There are zero manual backup systems. :(

I'm actually in St. Pete, about 3 miles north of the Trop.

Kingsnapped

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
47b4da29b3127ccebc12deecc1ab0000001610

and
47b4da29b3127ccebc12ded4c1930000001610

I took these at the skatepark (real sun, no photoshopping) as backups to a 35mm roll I took for a black and white class. I think the first one turned out better than anything I printed for a grade :rolleyes:

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
ok so i never got around to posting what i said i was going to (im busy... sue me :D).

tazo, tazo, tazo... <shakes head>. i don't have much time for any other forums so it looks like i won't be seeing him around much.

Kingsnapped - dope pics. i wish i never stopped skating (though my body thanks me). skate parks make for great photos (action, angles, shadows, wicked injuries...). btw- nice posting presentation of your pics (the drop shadow). i should prolly start posting with some sort of frame.

maybe i'll get some pics up later (it is Friday ya' know ;)).

edit -no new posts so i guess i'll just add to this one

so here's the original (ha, of course it's been ever-so-slightly tweaked in ps) of the road pic i posted earlier:

0087_clean.jpg

it's on my way to work. :D

and here's some shots of the car i shoot from (now):

0088.jpg

and this car shot is kind of a self-portrait too (do you see the tt in there? ;)):

0089.jpg

bonus point for those who can guess what is on my shirt!

peace.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
idkew said:
you can find him a fred miranda.

yes, the lucky guy got a d70. yes, i am jealous.

i am sure he is lurkin around here somewhere though.

yeah, actually he is...remember when I posted in the beginning of the thread about tazo beinge here since he mentioned the 10th incarnation of the photo thread? Well, he actually emailed me about it so I'm sure he's around...and yeah he told me I could find him on fm....I haven't been there lately since I've been so busy lately

neut said:
it's actually one of the nicer blogs i've seen. a few guys here at work are tweakin' with those things. i don't have any interest in them yet... (i try to stick to Flash if possible) so i'll just rape their minds for the info after they've done all the work :D.

it does have some resizing issues (post titles run into the post dates), but nothing that would be noticed when viewing 800x600+. no one should be running under that anyways... it's just retarded.

Yeah I know my blog falls apart under like 640x480, i tried to use the min-width attribute to keep the div from becoming too small but for some reason it doesn't work...I've heard that min-width is spotty among browsers....I though Safari 1.2 would be able to handle it though...

idkew said:
i design for 1024x768 or better now. If you choose 800x600, start scrollin, but i don't know one person who can't do 1024x768, although i know some people who have good eye sight and choose 800x600 for some odd reason. (PC users, no less)

Yeah but it's nice to play it safe at 800x600....especially since many windows users find 1024x768 too small to read, though if they were smart they'd find the text size prefs and set it up correctly...all you need is a ruler and a freakin' mouse to get it right....

slowtreme said:
Well like I said, I don't know of a published study of which jet has the best manuverability, but my vote is still the FA18. I give the falcon props for the high celing and it's aviaonics package including the fly by wire. But that's a jet that if anything goes wrong, there is no way to save it. There are zero manual backup systems. :(

I'm actually in St. Pete, about 3 miles north of the Trop.

It's smaller, lighter, and more aerodynamic....it's my assumption :) I've seen video of them doing incredibly sharp turns....like 90º at high speed....They're probably more structurally sound with the fuselage/wing design...but I don't know for a fact....I've been trying to look it up :) at least the ejection seat should work if the fly by wire systems fail :)

Oh, I'm not tecnically in Tampa either...used to be though....now I'm in :( Wesley Chapel :(...

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
neut said:

bonus point for those who can guess what is on my shirt!

peace.

I'm guessing spaghetti with fra diavolo sauce. :D

Your bumper is a bit like the fun house mirror.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Moxiemike said:
Classic shot of my hometown.

Cool! I love the starbursts on the the lights...BTW your avatar, which I'd say is you, really reminds me of John Leguizamo for some reason....I think it's the hair and the sideways look...

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
eyelikeart said:
That is by far your BEST shot ever man. I'm completely in awe...

Thanks. I still think I could have done better. My battery was acting up and I wanted to get at least 2 or 3 shots from that view.

Maybe next time I'll do even better. :D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Moxiemike said:
Thanks. I still think I could have done better. My battery was acting up and I wanted to get at least 2 or 3 shots from that view.

Maybe next time I'll do even better. :D

U go that battery grip, don't u?

I'm quite certain next time u will do even better. ;)

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew said:

nice.

yeah, it was a gift. A friend brought it back from China. :)

i'll post a prize for you and your Al17 when i get to the office. :p

hey, nice try bousozoku... maybe next time. ;)

moxiemike- stunning. i really enjoy the little star-burst that still manages to be seen in the vast glimmer.

i hope to capture some nice cityscapes whilst in Vancouver this summer... :D i'm not sure how well lit it is at night or if i could get to a nice vantage point to capture the city. i'll have to do some exploring.

peace.

idkew

macrumors 68020
neut said:
nice.

yeah, it was a gift. A friend brought it back from China. :)

i'll post a prize for you and your Al17 when i get to the office. :p

peace.

haha. i am good. :) (i am actually quite surprised i was correct)

a nice desktop pict maybe?

anyway, i need to take some shots. i have not added any eye candy to this thread for a while... maybe i will get downtown this week. find some shots i like.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
idkew said:
a nice desktop pict maybe?

how ever did you guess? ;)

1440x900

if it's not to your liking i can turn almost any one of my posted photos into a desktop for ya'. :)

i need to stop posting and finish my damn flash site... what the hell am i waiting for???

peace.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
neut said:
how ever did you guess? ;)

1440x900

if it's not to your liking i can turn almost any one of my posted photos into a desktop for ya'. :)

i need to stop posting and finish my damn flash site... what the hell am i waiting for???

peace.

That's interesting, I love the contrast. But what's interesting isn't the contrast, it's interesting because I've made a few desktops that are mirrored. Mine are mostly of waterfalls I shot in NC. Can't wait to go back again now that I have my AE-1 :) Maybe I'll add them to my site in the desktops section....I have to mess with them first though :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Okay, it's not really a sport, although it may have been a spectator at the tournament of roses. Sure, it's bad, but would you have been as satisfied without the groan?

Attachments

• P4110480.jpg
    P4110480.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.