Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
i dont understand the negativity towards this. I can bet you that everyone would prefer to see the battery than not see it if the battery part got leaked. the part got leaked, MR wrote an article. We as consumers want anything and everything to do with the new phone, even if it is a battery. job well done MR.

peterdevries

macrumors 68040
Feb 22, 2008
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I think the point is the DVT status of the device. Sure everyone can speculate that its bound to come soon but seeing something like this just provides a more accurate timeline of where we are in production process..

No it doesn't. The photo could be years, months or days old, and it still wouldn't tell you anything about where they are in the complete process.

The only thing you can tell with certainty is that at least the battery has seen a DVT stage (and than most likely the device itself also). But when or how long this is / has been is anyone's guess.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
i dont understand the negativity towards this. I can bet you that everyone would prefer to see the battery than not see it if the battery part got leaked. the part got leaked, MR wrote an article. We as consumers want anything and everything to do with the new phone, even if it is a battery. job well done MR.

But some solid rumors about the exterior would be more beneficial for our emotions. An internal battery with nearly the same shape and capacity is rather less interessting. Not worth for front page in my eyes.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
But some solid rumors about the exterior would be more beneficial for our emotions. An internal battery with nearly the same shape and capacity is rather less interessting. Not worth for front page in my eyes.

yeah i agree, id love to see some pictures of the device, but MR ran with what they had and its still nice to see. weve waited about 15 months for news on the next iphone, anything counts in my eyes :)

Ill be happy, and take anything related to iphone 5

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Why make 2 different rumour stories about the exact same thing?

If you have new information to a rumour you edit the rumour and add in the new information on the existing rumour. You shouldn't make a new rumour for practically the same thing.
Pageviews.

That's all these sites really care about. Journalism died in the Nineties.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
damn its not invisible :p

it would be nice to know if it is slimmer or the same size as the current iPhone 4 battery, as well as the capacity difference, hopefully we get that soon. Battery life is most important!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.