Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
They will be polycarbonate, colorful, feel great, and look great live. We heard the same thing with the iP4, people saying Apple would never do this or that. And of course, Apple would never produce a two-tone phone, and if they did, no one would ever buy it.

When announced, the 5C will receive rave reviews, have the same specs as the current iP5, and be priced starting at $329 (8 GB version), $0 with contract, which will shock everyone. They will smash sales records.

The 5S will have a better camera, A7, 2 GB RAM, finger print sensor, may be liquid metal (though doubtful), and may sell for $249 on contract to make up for lower sales due to the 5C.

Exactly... But I don't agree with you regarding the price points.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Someone posted this on AppleInsider. :D

name="hentaiboy" Now we know the target audience...

24v33o1.jpg
images

213p75g.jpg
duchessofcambridgebrightpants.jpg

wi80f8.jpg
jessica-alba-neon-blue-jeans-fashion-trends-2012.jpg

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
can't tell a whole lot from this. i'm not so sure the iPhone 5C will be that much of a hit

It will be a mind boggling success story, since wealthy soccer moms and other well heeled customers cave into the demands of their seven year olds who simply cannot survive with out iPhones & iPads. This is precisely why they're being offered in colors the kids expect. Apples teaching these little demons just how to be voracious consumers off the backs of mommy & daddy.

inaneframe

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
It will be a mind boggling success story, since wealthy soccer moms and other well heeled customers cave into the demands of their seven year olds who simply cannot survive with out iPhones & iPads. This is precisely why they're being offered in colors the kids expect. Apples teaching these little demons just how to be voracious consumers off the backs of mommy & daddy.

Of course, there are absolutely zero benefits to children owning reliable phones... :) /s

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
So which is accurate?

Not one thing I like in these mockups/rumored design. The plastic looks cheap and rubbery, a far cry from the tough yet refined plastic teardrop 3G/3GS iPhones . I'm surprised Apple is marketing a lower cost iPhone. It may either shift more people into Apple products, or may cannibalize iPhone 5X sales. Assuming any of these rumors are accurate.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
the only question I have if all color options have white screens, or can I get a black front plate? It'd be really cool to have a red or blue on the back, and a black front.

But anyways, I think the iPhone 5C won't be a replacement for the iPhone 5, but more a replacement to the 4S. Meaning, it'll probably have an A5 chip (maybe upgraded to 1GB?) since it still works pretty well with iOS 7, it'll have the same 8-megapixel camera as the 4S, without the iPhone 5's low-light enhancements, but upgraded to a 4-inch display.

As for prices, I think the sweet spot is $399, or $429 at most. The iPad Mini 16GB w/LTE is $459, and a 32GB iPod Touch is $299. Therefore, $429 for a 16GB iPhone 5C would be very reasonable.

As on contract, I think it'll definitely be free. The iPhone 5 will drop to $99, and iPhone 5S will be $199.

For the disbelievers, Just go and see people in Apple Stores who are still checking out buying iPhone 4. It's crazy. And everyone knows it's an old iPhone. This thing will sell like hot cakes since it's a brand new iPhone that will be very affordable.

moxin

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
ok now i am excited for iPhone 5C. i really want to see the end product.
Maybe they should change it's name too -> 5C :confused:

Manderby

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2006
Photos of potential screws of the iPhone 5C surface:
bent-screw.jpg

It's blurry! Must be legit.

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
I can understand an iPod Touch but when I was 10 I had an a Nokia flipphone...then again that was in 2005. But I still in 2008 i had a Razor...long story short..the iPhone 5 is my first iPhone

When I was 10 our whole family had to share just one phone, and it was attached to the wall with a wire. It had this strange plastic wheel on the top with the numbers 1 through 0 under holes in the wheel. Very cutting edge for the time.

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Keen as for a blue one. Purchase outright / upgrade from the 4S and then back on a plan for the 6 (which will no doubt have a bigger screen).

Happy days. :D

devilcm3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2011
South Melbourne, Australia
nobody ever speculates that these might come off from a 3D printing machine?

i mean, its so common these days ... you can buy it cheap for less than $1k ... cook up some shapes, post it to your website and gain thousands of viewers.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Volume buttons! Revolutionary! More details on:
http://www.volumebuttonrumors.com

I clicked this out of principle.

I was disappointed.

On topic: These colours are nasty in most of the leaked photos. The strange thing is, these images seem to have a rubbery quality compared to the shells which had a shiny, reflective quality.

Perhaps it's just the lighting of their respective photos, but I really hope that in reality that this device doesn’t come off looking quite so Fisher Price cheap.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
i'm hoping for more colour options. i have grown a little bit tired of the sleek designs.

HangmanSwingset

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Everett, WA
All I can say about the '5C' is that the white on white seems like it would just look bad. I mean, I haven't seen it, but the idea of a solid white phone gives me a headache. The 3G/3GS was broken up by the chrome bezel and buttons. The 4/4S was broken up by the stainless steel antenna band. The 5 and the original model are two-tone. But at least break up the white model with silver buttons or something. Or a darker version of the other colors on their respective models (Like a cobalt blue on the light blue housing one for example).

But, in all honesty, Apple will probably find a way to make it look decent.

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
the only question I have if all color options have white screens, or can I get a black front plate? It'd be really cool to have a red or blue on the back, and a black front.

But anyways, I think the iPhone 5C won't be a replacement for the iPhone 5, but more a replacement to the 4S. Meaning, it'll probably have an A5 chip (maybe upgraded to 1GB?) since it still works pretty well with iOS 7, it'll have the same 8-megapixel camera as the 4S, without the iPhone 5's low-light enhancements, but upgraded to a 4-inch display.

As for prices, I think the sweet spot is $399, or $429 at most. The iPad Mini 16GB w/LTE is $459, and a 32GB iPod Touch is $299. Therefore, $429 for a 16GB iPhone 5C would be very reasonable.

As on contract, I think it'll definitely be free. The iPhone 5 will drop to $99, and iPhone 5S will be $199.

I do not believe the 5 will be sticking around. I know its the "norm" for an older iphone being sold in the stores, but i think apple is looking to tidy things up. Anyway, most rumours lead towards the 5C being mostly a 5 anyway, so no point keeping the 5. Plus i read somewhere its not cost effective to make low yield 5 screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.