Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jengo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
How do I view the file size or document size info of the current image that I am working on?
I know it previous versions it would tell you at the bottom of the image. I dont seem to have that displayed and can not seem to figure out how to find it.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
on the little "toolbar" along the bottom of a window of your image in photoshop, there should be a button with an arrow (>) on it. if you click on it, it should yield a set of options for showing the size of the image, or, alternately, something else. it sounds like you have accidentally set it to something else, like "current tool" or "efficiency."

Jengo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
dont have that arrow. is there another way to go about it?

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by Jengo
dont have that arrow. is there another way to go about it?
hmmm... i recommend deleting your custom settings, 'cos it should be there by default.

i think that you can go back to default by deleting the folder

/users/yourhomefolder/library/preferences/Adobe Photoshop 7.0 preferences/

of course, if you have your workflow all customized, don't trash it just for this, but if you don't mind resetting all your preferences, this should work.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by Jengo
How do i reset it without deleting the folder.:confused:
that's almost like asking, "how do i reset without resetting?" if you want to reset it, just delete that folder. if there really is an option to reset in photoshop, it will do the same thing, basically. don't worry about it, if you don't have a problem with resetting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.