Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I try to change font face but the pulldown menu doesn't work.

I can highlight and type in the font face I want or use the arrow keys, but I really want that pull-down menu back.

What's goin on here

P.S. I'm running APE + WSX

Attachments

• help_PS_CS_snap.gif
    help_PS_CS_snap.gif
    8 KB · Views: 730

Nspace

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
This is a really weird problem, never seen anything like it.

Is the same menu in the character panel the same?

If so I think a reinstal is in order.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Nspace said:
This is a really weird problem, never seen anything like it.

Is the same menu in the character panel the same?

If so I think a reinstal is in order.

In the paragraph panel, you mean, and yes, it doesn't work there either.

It was a fresh install too, and it did this with PS 7 as well (though the paragraph panel worked there)

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
i guess it might be worth repairing permissions and stuff, did you do that originally after you installed photoshop?
I've never seen anything like it either but i'd wait to see what other people say before you reinstall. Thats a little drastic as its not stopping you get work done.

Nspace

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I meant the character panel actually, paragraph panel only controls indentations and justification.

Have a bunch of fonts been de-activtaed in font-book or suitcase somehow?

Also if you have multiple users make sure the fonts in Font Book are available for all users. I am new to font management on osx so I am still learning as well and interested in the solution to this.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
slughead said:
bueller ? bueller ?

Please try to wait 24 hours for responses, in particular for such a specific question.

As to your question, I am at a loss. I probably don't even come close to using the power of Adobe programs till I find them by accident.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Here's a more interesting timeline (describing what happened):

1. Had a copy of 10.3 and PS 7 installed, font menu wouldn't work EXCEPT in the character panel

2. Formatted and reinstalled 10.3 from scratch

3. Installed PS CS, Font menu wouldn't work with that either, EVEN in the character panel

4. Upgraded multi processor support for CS, still didn't work

And again, I CAN USE ANY FONT, I just have to know the name of it, or use the arrow keys to highlight the font and change it that way.

When I click on the pulldown button (looks like an arrow), it highlights but the menu never actually appears.

It's not a work-stopping problem, but it's enough to cost me a few minutes hitting the arrow keys all the time when I don't remember the exact font name.

slughead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Chip NoVaMac said:
Please try to wait 24 hours for responses, in particular for such a specific question.

Yeah, sorry about that :X

slughead

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
This problem is still plaguing me, you guys.

Maybe there's like an Applescript that can change fonts in photoshop ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.