Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Is there a way to keep the program on top of all other windows? It's becoming increasingly annoying that Photoshop (PS) simply disappears from the desktop the moment I click on any "blank space", or things that don't belong to the program as it is opened at the moment. I'm a new Windows convert, and since there was an actual background on Windows, I didn't have to worry about clicking on empty space and then PS disappearing until I click on the icon in the dock.

Is there any way to keep it on top of all other windows? Namely, for the program to not disappear even if I click on another program and bring it up at the same time?

Hope someone understands what I'm saying.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Hello....

The answer to your problem lies in the tool box.

At the bottom of the tool box below the colour squares are three rows of buttons; the masking buttns, the background buttons and the send to imageready buttons.

Clicking any of the background buttons gives u a full screen photoshop display with either a black or grey background covering ur desktop, so no chance of clicking off photoshop whilst editing an image.

The middle of the three buttons gives you a display with the menu bar still present and the right hand button gives a display without the menu bar at the top.
Pressing the button on the left will take you back to floating windows.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PSCS2.jpg
    PSCS2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 210

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
The answer to your problem lies in the tool box.
I was going to suggest that too. The only problem is that your document will always be centered and you can only work on one at a time.

I rather hate the Windows way where you can't have anything visible in the background and I think you'll find that working on the Mac provides a much better multitasking/multi-window environment. But I do understand the frustration of clicking a few pixels to the left and leaving Photoshop by mistake. One application you could take a look at is Think. It basically keeps you in the application plus it dims the background with any color and transparency you want. Really neat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.