Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beefyt

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2004
History Brush

Sorry if this offends anybody, but there's one thing I'd like to apply the History Brush to.

tower.jpg

sirron

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2001
Valley Center
Photoshop & Mosaics

I'm working on a mosaic of 'Our Lady of Guadalupe' for a church. I use Photoshop to try out different colors and patterns before I go forward with the tiny pieces of glass. I have sample boards with all the colors, so, using Photoshop, I'll pick up a color and drop it into a photo of the area being worked on and so on. It helps a lot, especially as the finished mosaic will take about 9 months to complete. Ron.
Only the face and hands are done so far the other areas are pieces of glass laid in for checking color etc..

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 336

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
sirron said:
I'm working on a mosaic of 'Our Lady of Guadalupe' for a church. I use Photoshop to try out different colors and patterns before I go forward with the tiny pieces of glass. I have sample boards with all the colors, so, using Photoshop, I'll pick up a color and drop it into a photo of the area being worked on and so on. It helps a lot, especially as the finished mosaic will take about 9 months to complete. Ron.
Only the face and hands are done so far the other areas are pieces of glass laid in for checking color etc..

Interesting but I think you have, nonetheless, missed the point of this thread.

This is what I first thought the topic would be when I read the title though.

ballookey

macrumors member
May 2, 2004
I don't see real key limes in the store very often, so when I do, I usually buy the whole lot. This means a lot of time bent over a juicer later in the afternoon, though.

Attachments

• limes.jpg
    limes.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 520

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw iLikeMyiMac's contribution. Well done!

Aaron

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
LimeiBook86 said:
Wait this is a contest? or just for fun.

<confused>

:confused:
It wasn't intended to be a contest but you can call it a contest if you want. You're not going to win anything accept maybe the respect of your peers.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
Fiveos22 said:
Wow, MacRumors.com has now chosen to directly rip themes off of Fark.
Hey I said that that's where I got the idea from in the first post in this thread. :rolleyes:

Also I caught the editor before he edited. :D

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
iLikeMyiMac said:
Which one?
Reveal All, Lightning Effects, Transform Selection, or Crop.

Well, they were all good, but the one that really got me was "Crop." Very Nice.

Aaron

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.