Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDonaldTrump

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Brisbane Australia
“You've been selected to apply for the Photoshop pre-release, which includes Photoshop on the iPad. The link in this email is just for you, so please do not share”

anyone else get this email this morning? looks like SOME movement on release.

Reactions: Chung123

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Exciting to see a major professional industry standard app coming to IOS which is virtually the same give or take as the desktop version. Hopefully others will follow suit in the next few years. if it is like Microsoft’s implementation of office for Ipad then there will be alot of disappointed people though.

Reactions: MacDonaldTrump

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
The million dollar question - will it be a one time purchase or will it require a subscription plan? I'm betting on a subscription.

Reactions: MacDonaldTrump

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The million dollar question - will it be a one time purchase or will it require a subscription plan? I'm betting on a subscription.

Software development is actually a tough business. Subscription model is the only sustainable business decision at this point. One time purchase doesn’t bring in enough income for the development companies to keep adding / improving features.

Also if they really put a price that can compare with how much they really want to charge people for lifetime update and support then most people won’t pay because of sticker shock.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Software development is actually a tough business. Subscription model is the only sustainable business decision at this point. One time purchase doesn’t bring in enough income for the development companies to keep adding / improving features.

Also if they really put a price that can compare with how much they really want to charge people for lifetime update and support then most people won’t pay because of sticker shock.

I have the Photography Plan subscription and am not opposed to subscriptions for software I rely on. But people have such strong reactions to them, especially Adobe. The number of people complaining about it and then switching to Capture One which actually costs more money if you regularly update it always strikes me as really odd.

If there was a mobile plan that had Lightroom and the new Photoshop I could see doing all of my photo work on my iPad - the hardware is certainly powerful enough. I may end up trying to just live in Lightroom anyway.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.