photoshop question for you pros

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by howard, Oct 19, 2005.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

So, how can i blend the sides of two pictures together more seamlessly? Sort of blending them one in to the other to flow from one picture to the next.

Right now I just make them slightly transparent, but there are still these lines that that creates. Any ideas?

2. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Feather is your friend. Select what you want to see through, now go to the select menu>feather>play around with however many pixels you want... Then hit delete. If you don't like, undo, and try again...

3. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

I had the same problem when I scanned in a large picture several times and tried to seam them together. I had it where each section was in a different layer, and even though they were aligned, some parts were overlayed. I just got a nice sized, soft feathered brush and applied a layer mask and just painted in black over the seams. It works wonders. Bye bye seams!

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

what he said. also if you have cs2 play around with the vanishing point tool to perhaps get a smoother looking image (they might be slightly off-perspective and that could contribute to the lack of smoothness)