Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
So, how can i blend the sides of two pictures together more seamlessly? Sort of blending them one in to the other to flow from one picture to the next.

Right now I just make them slightly transparent, but there are still these lines that that creates. Any ideas?

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
Feather is your friend. Select what you want to see through, now go to the select menu>feather>play around with however many pixels you want... Then hit delete. If you don't like, undo, and try again...

Stinkythe1

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
I had the same problem when I scanned in a large picture several times and tried to seam them together. I had it where each section was in a different layer, and even though they were aligned, some parts were overlayed. I just got a nice sized, soft feathered brush and applied a layer mask and just painted in black over the seams. It works wonders. Bye bye seams!

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
Stinkythe1 said:
I had the same problem when I scanned in a large picture several times and tried to seam them together. I had it where each section was in a different layer, and even though they were aligned, some parts were overlayed. I just got a nice sized, soft feathered brush and applied a layer mask and just painted in black over the seams. It works wonders. Bye bye seams!
what he said. also if you have cs2 play around with the vanishing point tool to perhaps get a smoother looking image (they might be slightly off-perspective and that could contribute to the lack of smoothness)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.