Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I use photo stream as a screensaver for my AppleTV and I'm glad they don't delete after 30 days. It was a pleasant surprise.

pulp88

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Hello everyone,

This has been going on for a while now and it's driving me nuts...

My photostream doesn't delete photographs after 30 days like it should... it's doing this on my iPhone, iPad and iPhoto.

Anyone else got this issue or recommend a fix?

Thanks!

I think I got the answer your looking for as I had the same question as you regarding the strange behavior of photo stream.

From apples website in footnote:
"Photo Stream photos downloaded to an iOS device with iOS 5.0.1 or earlier must be deleted manually after updating to iOS 5.1 or later."

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/photo-stream.html

So thats why it kept photo's longer then 30 days I think. I resetted all of my devices and am going to see what happens now.

superbungalow

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2008
I know this thread is a bit dead and buried, but just to confirm, I've done some experimenting and I think I've worked out what's happening here. When apple says "the last 1000 photos" and "from the last 30 days", we assume photos will be deleted once you hit either of those limits, i.e. whichever we hit first will apply. That's not strictly true, it's whichever you hit LAST. To be clear, you can keep your last 1000 photos in your photostream indefinitely, and as well as that (I have confirmed), you can keep OVER 1000 photos in your photostream if they are taken in the last 30 days. This is when the "30 days" limit applies, which I doubt anyone has noticed as I doubt many people take more than 1000 photos on their iPhone in a 30-day period.

perryc

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2013
Hi

Make sure iPhoto settings is checked other wise it will store all photos.

Iphoto>preferences>photostream>make sure my photo stream is ticked.

You will have to wait another 30 days for it to delete

Perry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.