Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xFenixKnightx

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
I had some speculations that the iPhone 5 wouldn't look "Apple" enough, but this confirms my thoughts that the iPhone 5 will NOT look like that. That looks nothing what Apple would do with a phone.

Umm, it looks like a mini iPad. Why WOULDNT they do this? SMH

The Poet

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2010
Why people wasted time to make this ugly mockup?
Because they get lots of clicks for it on their website.
I had some speculations that the iPhone 5 wouldn't look "Apple" enough, but this confirms my thoughts that the iPhone 5 will NOT look like that. That looks nothing what Apple would do with a phone.
How could this possibly not look like an Apple product. It's basically a mixture between iPad and iPod Touch...

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Apple, listen up, people like the looks of that thing. Do not miss out, otherwise some other company (likely Samsung) will wise up and take advantage of your missed opportunity.

Do you really think the masses will default to the Galaxy just because of the way an Apple product looks?

Apples products are dead sexy and it's the user interface that draws people in...

Bryan

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
why dislikes ? i just think that it's a good design!and i hope is something similar with this.

Last edited:

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Am I alone in the opinion that the iPhone 4 is a beautiful design and shouldn't be tossed aside yet?

It's just a very high class looking (and feeling) gadget. Glass + stainless steel sandwich = a winner.

Nachoconqueso

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
That is really nice. It's tough to make a classy, sleek looking phone with a big screen stuffed in there. I see it as a middleground with the common sense to change the weakest parts of the phone, the antenna and the glass backing. People still probably have a **** ton of repairs still going on with the 4. One would think they'd like to avoid that issue entirely with a redesign. And I doubt they want to give the media more antenna fodder. That **** was blown way out of proportion anyways. Give the media an inch and they take it a mile, Apple does not want that. I don't see how they could stay with the same design without the media at least questioning these things and maybe customers too.

samsandy

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2011
New Zealand
Man i can't wait til the 4th. I really like that design and i would rather see the iPhone made out of aluminum because its much more durable then the glass iphone 4

msb3079

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2010
collingswood. nj
This mockup shows an iPhone 5 with 4 inch display and its dimensions are nearly the same of the iPhone 4. Chinese cases are bigger, so the real iPhone 5 could have a 4.5 inch display!!!

It is wider. Look closer... because of the thickness of the iPhone 3G and 4... they look thicker than they are.

realmike15

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
Looks ugly to me. It's a step backwards in aesthetics in my opinion. Hope it doesn't look like that.

realmike15

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2010
Am I alone in the opinion that the iPhone 4 is a beautiful design and shouldn't be tossed aside yet?

It's just a very high class looking (and feeling) gadget. Glass + stainless steel sandwich = a winner.

Couldn't agree more.

If they want to change it, I'm ok with that. But create a product that looks better than it. This is mediocre by Apple's standards.

BowTheMan89

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2011
Colorado
Do you really think the masses will default to the Galaxy just because of the way an Apple product looks?

Apples products are dead sexy and it's the user interface that draws people in...

Bryan

yes, i do. Most would remain loyal to apple and buy their quality products, however, there are a lot of people out there who are expecting something big (as far as a redesign goes) and depending on their character they will either accept a slight disappointment and buy the new iPhone 4s or they will take their business elsewhere. im not saying apple would go bankrupt, just that it would lose a lot of customers.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.