Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qu3st

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
will be at the grand central apple store.

----------

has anyone with in store pick have been charged yet?

hagalah

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Great, at least now I got high possibility to pick up the tmobile 6plus on 9/19 and don't need to wait until Oct!!

Now, I can't get into order status page again....Anyone experience the same?

Manhattan SoHo. T-Mobile Space Grey 64gig Plus

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I got the email about my reservation for San Francisco (Stockton st). I am a little nervous though because the link for the web order number results in an error.

But then again, the entire orders page is also throwing errors.

*fingers crossed*

----------

I haven't been charged yet. It just says processing.

Same here, that also has me nervous. I don't remember how it worked last time I did an in-store pick up.

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Grand Central store, hoping it's ready by the time I get in, so I can just pick it up on my way into work.

I have a pending charge from apple for $0.00, not sure how that helps them, but it's there.

hagalah

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Same here! The apple store website just makes me so nervous since 12:00am this morning.....

I didn't get charged yet but got the "You order is being processed" email after placed the order.

Should we go get a iphone 6 just for backup? Many can still be delivered on 9/19...

I got the email about my reservation for San Francisco (Stockton st). I am a little nervous though because the link for the web order number results in an error.

But then again, the entire orders page is also throwing errors.

*fingers crossed*

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2006
california
Haven't been charged yet either... :confused:

Anyway, I selected in-store pickup because the billing address was not an address I wanted it shipped to. Never done that before.

I have a question though - Apple says that stores will open at 8am on launch day. The mall I selected does not open till 10am, and the Apple store is inside (no outside entrance). How does this work? Will someone open the mall at 8am or do I wait till 10am?

hagalah

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Normally, the mall will open a door which can access to apple store on that day before 8:00am or even midnight.

Anyway, I selected in-store pickup because the billing address was not an address I wanted it shipped to. Never done that before.

I have a question though - Apple says that stores will open at 8am on launch day. The mall I selected does not open till 10am, and the Apple store is inside (no outside entrance). How does this work? Will someone open the mall at 8am or do I wait till 10am?

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'm going to take it as good news that collectively:

-None of us have been charged
-None of us have received more than the initial email

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Apple announced you have a week to get your pre-order straight if there are any hiccups so... I'm set. I've pre-ordered before and I was in and out in a few minutes and even if I'm not I'm still happy as long as I walk out with a new iPhone 6+ I get to develop SWIFT apps for.... *rubs hands together*

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
1. Does anyone know if we're replacing an existing iPhone on our Verizon 2 year contract by paying full price and we did store pickup, when we pick it up in store, do we have to actually activate the iPhone 6+ in store, or can we wait to activate it when we get home?

2. Also, would we need to switch SIM cards, or how does this work?

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY

Mall doors are generally open WAY before opening anyway to let employees for retail stores any way. In all of my local malls the Dunkin is open at like 5 AM and even normal people will stop in to get food/coffee on the way to work. Old people like to walk the mall in the morning as exercise as well. You have nothing to worry about.

bradkrischel

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I am picking up in-store in St. Louis, but I have a question. On the Apple website (http://store.apple.com/us/help/iphone#pickup) it states the following:

"Is the iPhone to upgrade or replace a line on an existing wireless account?

An iPhone ordered to upgrade or replace a phone on an existing wireless service contract can be picked up by the primary account holder or by a person authorized by the account holder.

To pick up your iPhone in an Apple Retail Store, the primary account holder or the authorized user will need to bring the following:

Card used for payment OR Order Number
Valid photo ID

If your photo ID does not match the billing address on your wireless account, please bring a second form of ID (for example, a utility bill) with the correct address.

Please contact your carrier to verify authorized users."

I am an authorized user on the account, but my photo ID does not match the billing address on the wireless account (it's under my parents' address). Also, I don't live close to my parents, so obtaining a second form of ID with the correct address isn't really a possibility. Does anyone have experience with this sort of situation in the past?

As a note: I can print off a PDF of our latest AT&T bill to bring to the store. Also, I have the social security number associated with the account as well as the account username/password. Just wondering if I'll run into problems next Friday when I show up at the store.

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
I have 2 orders. 1 is a 6+ for in store pickup - got the email but no pending charge. The other is a 6 for 9/19 delivery and that has a charge pending.

Qu3st

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I am picking up in-store in St. Louis, but I have a question. On the Apple website (http://store.apple.com/us/help/iphone#pickup) it states the following:

"Is the iPhone to upgrade or replace a line on an existing wireless account?

An iPhone ordered to upgrade or replace a phone on an existing wireless service contract can be picked up by the primary account holder or by a person authorized by the account holder.

To pick up your iPhone in an Apple Retail Store, the primary account holder or the authorized user will need to bring the following:

Card used for payment OR Order Number
Valid photo ID

If your photo ID does not match the billing address on your wireless account, please bring a second form of ID (for example, a utility bill) with the correct address.

Please contact your carrier to verify authorized users."

I am an authorized user on the account, but my photo ID does not match the billing address on the wireless account (it's under my parents' address). Also, I don't live close to my parents, so obtaining a second form of ID with the correct address isn't really a possibility. Does anyone have experience with this sort of situation in the past?

As a note: I can print off a PDF of our latest AT&T bill to bring to the store. Also, I have the social security number associated with the account as well as the account username/password. Just wondering if I'll run into problems next Friday when I show up at the store.

if ur an authorized user the ID and the card used to purchase should be good. I have done it before.

I had a different address too.

Bob Loblaw

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Oakton, Virginia
I'm picking up my Space Gray, 64GB AT&T iPhone 6 at the Reston, VA Apple Store. I haven't been charged, nor is there any kind of temporary authorization on my card account. My order on apple.com still says processing for in-store pick-up on 9/19.

Qu3st

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Grand Central store, hoping it's ready by the time I get in, so I can just pick it up on my way into work.

I have a pending charge from apple for $0.00, not sure how that helps them, but it's there.

picking mine up at grand central too. will be there early.

maneks

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2013
I was unable to choose the pick-up option for any of the Pittsburgh-area stores when I ordered my T-Mobile 64GB 6 Plus in Space Grey on Apple.com

Would Apple accommodate a request to switch the delivery method to an in-store pick up instead? My university takes a day to process all shipments, and the mail center is closed on weekends, so the earliest I will have the phone is Monday :(.

Qu3st

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I was unable to choose the pick-up option for any of the Pittsburgh-area stores when I ordered my T-Mobile 64GB 6 Plus in Space Grey on Apple.com

Would Apple accommodate a request to switch the delivery method to an in-store pick up instead? My university takes a day to process all shipments, and the mail center is closed on weekends, so the earliest I will have the phone is Monday :(.

yes they will change it if the option is there. go to the apple site and see if you are able to choose pick up in store. if you can call apple they will chage it.

Bob Loblaw

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Oakton, Virginia
if ur an authorized user the ID and the card used to purchase should be good. I have done it before.

Still on my parent's plan as well (gotta keep dat grandfathered unlimited data) and am an authorized user, so I'm concerned about this as well since I live about 4 hours drive from my parents. Also complicating this is the fact that my shipping/billing address is different from my license as I just moved last month.. but I have a little card that the DMV sent me with my new info on it to keep with my ID. I plan on going in there with: my ID, DMV card with new address on it, dad's social, print-out of my order information, and a print-out of the cell phone bill. They better give me my phone.

Also found it odd that in 2012, I was able to get my iPhone 5 shipped to my address, and when we got my wife a 5S last year, it had to be shipped to my parent's. She was just joining our plan, so I chalked it up to being a new line. When I ordered this morning, the 6 for my upgrade couldn't be shipped to me. Glad I was planning in-store pick-up anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.