Picked up ATV3

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Toltepeceno, Aug 8, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Toltepeceno

Well, I went ahead and got it. I debated it as it is not jailbroken yet, but I am glad I went ahead and got it. I am using unblock us so I can get netflix us and hulu plus. It works great, you just have to have a us netflix account. I have one and opened a hulu plus account. would it be better jailbroken? Absolutely. Am I glad I went ahead and got it? Absolutely. I wanted the 1080p support. Overall I am very happy. Next a mac mini itunes server (when I can).

2. macrumors newbie

I'm in the UK, I'm just waiting for a ATV3 to be delivered. Do you know if unblock us would work for me?

3. macrumors 6502

Yes unblock-us works to give you US netflix and Hulu plus in the UK.

Note that because netflix is available in the UK, you don't have to create a US account, a UK one works fine with Netfix US.

4. macrumors newbie

Thanks thats great

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Toltepeceno

I know here in mexico you have to have a us account to access the us stuff. If I access a mexican netflix account through unblock us and see the us content it still will not work. You have to set up a us account. I just figured it was that way elsewhere.

6. macrumors 6502a

bembol

I picked one up too tonight.

Not interested in "jailbreaking," just wanted in the Kitchen for AirPlay & Home Sharing.

I love it, I would've pick up another one for my Home Theater but just use my Samsung Galaxy S3 to stream it.

7. macrumors 65816

Just making sure that you're switching the location region on Unblock itself. On my US Netflix account I can access all the various country libraries.

8. macrumors member

Sorry to sound like a plank.... What is unblock? Where do I get it and how?

Cheers

9. macrumors regular

unblockus.com

for when sites check ip address for regional use only.

10. macrumors 65816

It's actually unblock-us.com The above address goes to a squatter page.

11. Toltepeceno, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012

thread starter macrumors 65816

Toltepeceno

I will take a look at that. It used to be that you had to do it that way.

Wow, you are correct. Thanks. I was using a sony blu ray (before it died) and we have a wii (kids) and you had to do them both that way. This atv gets better all the time.:)

I will also add that the video from netflix and hulu plus are both better on the atv3 than the other 2.

12. macrumors 65816

Glad I could help you. That selector on Unblock works so nicely now.

I don't bother setting up individual devices. I put the settings into the router itself and let that cover the entire household.

13. macrumors newbie

The issue for Netflix and others when outside the US is I think payment for the downloads/streaming. You have to pay using a US credit card. I am in Canada and had this problem with iTunes/US. I ended up using US$ Apple gift cards. I registered with Netflix US also using a US address but had no simple way to pay them from Canada.

14. thread starter macrumors 65816

Toltepeceno

Yes, I did that at first but it messed up the (non english speaking) kids on the wii. It's not that easy for me.

----------

I only have us cards, navy federal credit union.

15. macrumors newbie

You can now get Netflix in the UK so don't need a US account. When you change the DNS it will allow you to access the US content. Easy!