Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jens1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
Hey mac users,

I have recently bought a new macbook (specs) and also bought a Akai APC40 (specs) to work with ableton live 8.

There is however, a problem on deciding what audio interface to use along with this setup. I have been browsing through all the available options on audio interfaces all day but can't seem to decide which one fits my needs. Therefor I'd like some assistance from people who are more into this kind of stuff.

The requirements:
- It must have a headphone output so i can monitor the cue inside ableton
- It must get the music input from my macbook since my apc40 doesn't have a sound card
- It must be able to output to a regular 3.5mm jack used on pc speakers (can also be with some sort of adapter)
- Also must have a output used on more professional speakersets like a 1/4" TRS
- It has to be USB connected as my macbook doesn't have firewire. Plus i'd like it to be usb powered

As you might have noticed I am going to be using this interface for djing and playing live sets with ableton. If you need some more details regarding my request please tell me.

Jens :apple:

SFXsource

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2009
M-Audio makes some great stuff that would fit your needs, pretty portable and lots of options for interfaces .. usb too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.