Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheFink

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by redAPPLE

let's email the guy and ask... how he is doin' and stuff. if he is a greater poet after all these years...

does anyone volunteer?

That's an awesome idea. Maybe we should ask what he's working on at apple now? And maybe if we can get some more close up pics of his face?

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Originally posted by teabgs
I'm kinda disapointed that nobdy noticed the PC's in the office...

I wonder what that's all about :(

Doesnt really matter though, since that's from 1996.....
What makes you think those are PC's? Macs looked like that back then.

Chris

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by chmorley
What makes you think those are PC's? Macs looked like that back then.

Chris

I'm well aware of that....had a 6500 until 2 weeks ago....

If you zoom in some of them are actually PC's....like the one on the right...

aharon

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2002
Cincinnati
Originally posted by teabgs
I'm kinda disapointed that nobdy noticed the PC's in the office...

I wonder what that's all about :(

Doesnt really matter though, since that's from 1996.....

It's a well known fact that even Jobs himself didn't use a Mac when he returned to Apple. Can't believe this guy had a mullet. Too funny.

TheFink

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2002
Re: New Pics here

Originally posted by Schlomo
he's gettin olllld now :) Recent Pic

*edited to fix the link

His girlfriend looks hotter now too. Little less "junk in the trunk" as far as I can see. He must still be at apple since his beach buddy has an OS X t-shirt on. His webpage also says it was recently modified. I wonder what he's working on now.... Someone email him saying we're starting his fan club....

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Re: Cyberdog?? What is (was) it?

Originally posted by chmorley
...part of a project called OpenDoc. OpenDoc developers would write "parts" that could be combined into a single application using drag and drop. It was unbelievably progressive. There is nothing like it now...
Exactly right. In Apple's words, OpenDoc provided "a new user paradigm: the user focused on creating a document or performing a task, rather than on using a particular application."

The idea was that a document could be created out of objects (called "parts"), where editors or viewers specific to each type of object would handle your interaction with that part of the document.

In the application-centric view, for example, you can only put a video in your word processing document if your word processor happens to have support for display or editing of videos. You can only put a video in an e-mail if your e-mail application happens to have support for display or editing of videos.

In contrast, if you had an OpenDoc "part editor" for videos, you could put a video (and edit it in place) in any OpenDoc application. Your word processor, your e-mail program, or any other OpenDoc application would automatically support videos.

Apple got IBM on its bandwagon and the two companies developed it together, but OpenDoc never caught on.

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
i sent the guy an email.

if he answers, i plan to tell him about the thread... any objections?

i guess he won't like the parts, where some guys make fun of him...

well, he made the pictures in the first place, right?

TheFink

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by redAPPLE
i sent the guy an email.

if he answers, i plan to tell him about the thread... any objections?

i guess he won't like the parts, where some guys make fun of him...

well, he made the pictures in the first place, right?

ROCK ON!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Mr. Vink's PhotoPage utility seems pretty nice. I wonder how it compares (or whether it had anything to do with) the export-to-HTML facility of iPhoto.

backspinner

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2002
Eindhoven
When I woke up I was excited to find out that my aneurysm was clipped with titanium clips, and I had titanium plates in my head to keep my skull together. Titanium if what PowerBook G4s are made of.
I'm glad that he can make fun about it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.