Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
IMG_4001.jpeg

I rarely drink IPA's or even like them, I'd much eather drink Belgian abby beer or good German beers. But occasionally I crave one. And this is Aldi's (Nord) own IPA. Totally not bad at all and looks great in the Texels glass (those beers are worth a try as well ;) )

Frutali

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2015
View attachment 2351231
I rarely drink IPA's or even like them, I'd much eather drink Belgian abby beer or good German beers. But occasionally I crave one. And this is Aldi's (Nord) own IPA. Totally not bad at all and looks great in the Texels glass (those beers are worth a try as well ;) )

I prefer Jupiler but but i'm going to try this one…..
Groeten uit Scheveningen

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
View attachment 2351231
My position is almost exactly the same.

In general, I rarely drink an IPA - that is an exceptionally rare craving, one usually confined to warm, summer months - but far prefer Belgian Trappist, or Abbey, beers, or good German beers.

But, yes, occasionally, very occasionally, I do crave them.

Hele

macrumors member
May 14, 2022
Rhode Island
That is both a grape, and a wine.

Where exactly is this particular wine from?
This one is Harken Chardonnay. It’s a California wine and a great value for around $15. It’s a classic buttery Chardonnay. I know it’s not in style today, but that’s what I’m into lol.

And I’m just having fun on the topic. I love beer, too. I prefer something made close to home: Whaler’s apa or ipa made here in my home state of Rhode Island.

Reactions: Don Quixote

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
This one is Harken Chardonnay. It’s a California wine and a great value for around $15. It’s a classic buttery Chardonnay. I know it’s not in style today, but that’s what I’m into lol.

And I’m just having fun on the topic. I love beer, too. I prefer something made close to home: Whaler’s apa or ipa made here in my home state of Rhode Island.
Well, most of the white wines from Burgundy (France) - and they include some of my personal favourites - are made from Chardonnay, and there, you will also find that "buttery" style (which, I must admit, I am more than partial to).

These days, it is rare to find US wines in Europe, and I must admit that I have never had a Californian Chardonnay, especially in the classic buttery style.

Reactions: Hele

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023

No worries.

There is an actual "beer & wine" thread I believe.

Not sure how much traffic it gets...

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
It’s been a minute. Here are some recents.

My beer aficionado friends use a smartphone app to track their beers, judge them (all sorts of criteria), picture of it, location had and post in them. I never knew such a thing existed till 2 years ago.
Do you use such an app?
I guess it’s like Strava is for athletes , this app for beer aficionado’s. Sorry don’t remember the name.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I've posted in there a few times until I found this thread...
While I frequent both threads, I like the other thread as one can actually discuss beers (and wines - this thread is mostly confined to discussion - and images - of beer) rather than simply focussing on discussion of the images that have been posted, which can be rather limiting.

Reactions: pachyderm

Mattlike

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2007
Southern California
My beer aficionado friends use a smartphone app to track their beers, judge them (all sorts of criteria), picture of it, location had and post in them. I never knew such a thing existed till 2 years ago.
Do you use such an app?
I guess it’s like Strava is for athletes , this app for beer aficionado’s. Sorry don’t remember the name.
If it’s untappd, I do use it!

Reactions: Don Quixote

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
While I frequent both threads, I like the other thread as one can actually discuss beers (and wines - this thread is mostly confined to discussion - and images - of beer) rather than simply focussing on discussion of the images that have been posted, which can be rather limiting.
I like to see the images and then I try to find the ones that have piqued my curiosity...

I have downloaded the untapped app and have no idea how to use it lol.

I assumed I could simply add the beers I've had but that doesn't seem to be the case... or at least it isn't obvious to me how to accomplish that...

27629466_1747581611964883_2046459157699942714_o.jpg

The Grassroots Ale from Calfkiller Brewery. Had this one yesterday. Delicious!

"This beer is the true definition of "unparalleled drinkability paradoxically balanced by uncompromised complexity." Along the lines of a pale ale but fermented with our house yeast strain, which lends nice fruity notes that complement the citrus flavors and aromas of the hops." - Calfkiller

not my image... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.