Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
05b637a2a224275c8e2c41a675690b64.jpg

Now you know why it’s called “Settlers park”, there’s a chuck wagon on loop 3. Tuesday 2/20 mornings dark to dawn 10 mile ride, I saw 2 trail runners with lights on, and later at dawn walkers.

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
What a great perspective, and an impressive landscape.

Thx, is local SE Michigan trail called “Highland rec area” know for its up / down undulating challenges. Built in 1996, 4 loops total 16 miles.
I can clear - no dab - that uphill rock section about 25% of time.

Reactions: GerritV

OurFather

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2024
USA
Truly I love seeing this!!
Kudos, what’s the backstory? was this always yours ?
My dad bought it new in England, hoping it would handle loose dirt and sand (it didn't) on the southern edge of the Sahara Desert where my parents were missionaries. My older brother, a pilot, made good use of it for years, carting it in his Piper Comanche—it beat walking or renting a car at lots of airports. I'm trying to get it as close to like new condition before turning it over to a niece or nephew.

Reactions: John.B and mtbdudex

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
My dad bought it new in England, hoping it would handle loose dirt and sand (it didn't) on the southern edge of the Sahara Desert where my parents were missionaries. My older brother, a pilot, made good use of it for years, carting it in his Piper Comanche—it beat walking or renting a car at lots of airports. I'm trying to get it as close to like new condition before turning it over to a niece or nephew.

Wow, there are multiple stories you can share with your family tied to that bike, it can help carry legacy forward, how cool.

Reactions: John.B
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.